OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SXP 20g

Started by CABEAR73, February 01, 2017, 09:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABEAR73

Just ordered this gun the other day. I will be starting out using the Hevi straight #7 shot from Federal....Eventually moving my way to TSS...but for this year, has anyone had an opportunity to pattern one of these?? CHOKE?? It comes from the factory chrome lined, and has awesome reviews..Looking to see what real hunters have to say about it...

Greg Massey

Good looking gun, i would try the factory choke that comes with the gun first... you can look at the Trulock chokes on line..i'm using a Trulock 565 in my Rem 870 - 20 ga. ...Sumtoy 562.5 is a good choke also...

Ol Yelper

I've got one. You'll like it if you don't mind the little bit longer barrel. I'm shootin the Fed. 7s with the Sumtoy choke and it throws a real nice pattern. Think you'll be pleased.

CABEAR73

Quote from: Ol Yelper on February 06, 2017, 07:33:33 PM
I've got one. You'll like it if you don't mind the little bit longer barrel. I'm shootin the Fed. 7s with the Sumtoy choke and it throws a real nice pattern. Think you'll be pleased.

Longer barrel as compared to what??

Ol Yelper

It has a 24" barrel. Not a big deal but I'm used to a Rem. 870 with a 21". You'll like it though. Looks nice and shoots great!

CABEAR73

Quote from: thumper on March 05, 2017, 03:56:39 PM
I bought the universal hunter 24" barrel, and shot it Saturday with Indian creek 555. Got 187 in a 10" circle at 41 yds. 188 with Fed Hvy Wt #7. Sumtoy not here yet, and now have it scoped with Bushnell 1.75x4 I really like the gun except trigger weight. I think the safety is on trying to shoot it...lol.

I didnt count mine, but I was shooting 160-170 with my Charles Daley, and I know the Winchester w the Sumtoy and Fed7's was at 200+. I honestly dont really count #s anymore, it takes away from my focus as to why I am really building a gun...to kill....not to build a gun...But to say the trigger is stiff...correct, mine was but seemed to ease up a lot after I put 20-30rds through it. But that is one sweet shooting gun. I am so glad I bought it

CABEAR73

Bringing this one back up....anyone know of, or have one of these with a pistol grip stock, that wants to go back to standard, please message me. I will pay shipping both ways to sweeten the deal. Mine is pristine.

Recurve