OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting Show's

Started by Greg Massey, February 01, 2017, 01:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

You know i think we need to rethink what hunting show's we don't like and the ones we do like. At least with these hunting show's everyone is supporting our Second Amendment right to bear arms. Just look at all these liberal and Dem protesters and how some of these protesters are just criminals. These people are doing nothing but wanting to take our rights away. They are spreading fear and hate among our young people. As a old hunter i can tell you this world is changing fast, i didn't really know how bad it was until President Trump was elected. It's protest, protest , protest...So as a hunting FORUM, i think we should support every hunting show we see on TV. I agree some are better than others but I'm NOT going to call them a joke...SO I THINK WE NEED TO SUPPORT ALL HUNTING AND FISHING SHOWS AND ALL HUNTING ORGANIZATIONS EVEN MORE FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN IN THE PASS 2 WEEKS WITH OUR NEW PRESIDENT... GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY.

KYFrid

Greg,
I definitely agree. If a new hunter looks up to the people on those shows and it keeps them involved in our sport, then I'm all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

I will agree to disagree with you Greg. Why would I support someone who fails to represent me in the manner I wish to be represented? Especially someone who does more damage than good? I can get behind guys like Rinella, the Busbices or pigman? Not a chance.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ol timer

Quote from: Happy on February 01, 2017, 05:47:55 AM
I will agree to disagree with you Greg. Why would I support someone who fails to represent me in the manner I wish to be represented? Especially someone who does more damage than good? I can get behind guys like Rinella, the Busbices or pigman? Not a chance.

Well said todays shows are more about Money and the host Egos.They don't represent me or many others on our passions.

BABS9

Yep the Busbices are the biggest joke on the outdoor channel. I could never support them and what they call "hunting"..

BowBendr

Quote from: KYFrid on February 01, 2017, 03:55:30 AM
Greg,
I definitely agree. If a new hunter looks up to the people on those shows and it keeps them involved in our sport, then I'm all for it.

There are a ton of guys on TV that I absolutely do not want my daughter looking up to. I do my best to teach my kids delayed gratification. The problem with TV is that the good guys don't hardly make it. Their hunts aren't flashy, loud or fast enough. I'd rather just teach my kids about having fun and making memories than ego driven instant gratification. Youtube is getting to be the same way......

bbcoach

We are a DYING BREED, whether you want to admit it or not.  In 50 years, anti-hunters, liberals and non hunting participants will remove most if not ALL our rights to hunt.  We need to band together supporting each other, get others out in the outdoors and not be so critical about how others hunt or complain about certain hunting and fishing shows.  If you don't like the Busbices, turn the channel or don't like reaping than don't participate.  Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong.  Most states have a declining hunting population and we as HUNTERS are our worst enemies.  GREAT topic Greg!   

BABS9

Quote from: bbcoach on February 01, 2017, 08:48:01 AM
We are a DYING BREED, whether you want to admit it or not.  In 50 years, anti-hunters, liberals and non hunting participants will remove most if not ALL our rights to hunt.  We need to band together supporting each other, get others out in the outdoors and not be so critical about how others hunt or complain about certain hunting and fishing shows.  If you don't like the Busbices, turn the channel or don't like reaping than don't participate.  Just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong.  Most states have a declining hunting population and we as HUNTERS are our worst enemies.  GREAT topic Greg!   

Well thats kind of the point. I will always support fellow hunters in regards to our rights etc.. But im not going to support a particular tv show if i don't like it. I'm going to change the channel and not watch it.

Cove

Quote from: Happy on February 01, 2017, 05:47:55 AM

Yep^^ Not. A. Chance.  :z-winnersmiley:

It's the "he's a hunter no matter how he chooses to do it so I have to support him argument" similar to the entire Bowmar issue. . . I don't agree. We as hunters must realize hunting isn't for everyone. Rather than have distasteful (often lacking much respect for the game in my opinion) shows available for non hunters that could possibility turn them to anti hunters I'd rather not have them at all. While some may not want to consider the non hunting public I believe it is in our best interest. We are not the majority. 

tha bugman

Quote from: BowBendr on February 01, 2017, 08:28:20 AM
Quote from: KYFrid on February 01, 2017, 03:55:30 AM
Greg,

+1

There are a ton of guys on TV that I absolutely do not want my daughter looking up to. I do my best to teach my kids delayed gratification. The problem with TV is that the good guys don't hardly make it. Their hunts aren't flashy, loud or fast enough. I'd rather just teach my kids about having fun and making memories than ego driven instant gratification. Youtube is getting to be the same way......

silvestris

If legal hunting comes to an end, videos and the publication of a blood sport will be a big contributor to that end.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

mgm1955

Quote from: silvestris on February 01, 2017, 02:10:47 PM
If legal hunting comes to an end, videos and the publication of a blood sport will be a big contributor to that end.
:agreed: :agreed:

Ihuntoldschool

Them videos and shows were the beginning of the demise of hunting.  The more people support them the worse things will get.

greencop01

:camohat: Great topic. My opinion  :z-twocents: we can control only ourselves. All this about tv shows, its only noise. we can't control tv, we can't control what people think. What we do control is what we watch and how we conduct ourselves. Also we can talk to others, one person at a time. That's how movements start, one person at a time. After all, we are ambassadors of our sport and we should conduct ourselves as such. I for one, I have standards in my hunting, and when I hunt with others if they have different standards and I don't like them, they don't hunt with me anymore. I don't get in their face, I just stop associating with them. If they want to talk, I talk.                                                                                                                   

I teach hunter safety courses and try to take first time turkey hunters out. Instead of talking about politics and tv I try to act. Don't just talk, get involved. Call your F&W agency, find out about teaching, take out new hunters, GET INVOLVED!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Farmboy27

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on February 01, 2017, 06:25:09 PM
Them videos and shows were the beginning of the demise of hunting.  The more people support them the worse things will get.
Agreed. there are a several small pieces of land around here that people from out of the area have bought and think they can grow monster buck on. They own 5-10 acres and try to tell us locals how to hunt because they saw how to "manage" for wildlife on the outdoor channel. They seem to think that we should all follow the TV script of hunting. The food plots, the "hit list", "laying the smack down". They buy into it all. They aren't doing anything for true management of the local wildlife and they sure as heck ain't gonna grow monster buck and huge flocks of turkeys on 10 acres. Add to that the pig man, the nugent, and the other TV personalities that make hunters look like a bunch of blood thirsty redneck mad men. I can't really see any good from most of today's hunting shows. And if I feel something is harmful to my interest then I'm sure not going to support it.