North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion Thread

Started by turkey buster, January 31, 2017, 02:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illini Tom

nice tom. now shoot his twin  :D

beakbuster10

Gobbler didn't want to die this morning. He came off the limb hammering got to about 70 yards and drew a line in the sand. Strutted and gobbled for 45 minutes until he found something better to go do in the opposite direction. Birds have been very vocal all morning, just haven't found the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey buster

I had a bad hunt yesterday evening. Shot at a turkey and somehow didn't connect which hasn't happened in 6-7 years and then had a pack of hogs come in. I shot the biggest hog square in the side of the head at 20 yards. Hit it so hard I watched dirt fly off its face and it ran away never to be seen again.  Definitely a humbling hunt.

theghost_03

Few more days for me up north and the seasons will kick in.  Good luck guys!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Illini Tom

another one on the board for the chooters  :z-guntootsmiley:
scored 69

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

beakbuster10

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Great job so far.  I've killed a few, nothing big yet. Heading to my honey hole in MO next weekend so I'll try to post some scores then. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 15, 2017, 05:34:47 PM
Great job so far.  I've killed a few, nothing big yet. Heading to my honey hole in MO next weekend so I'll try to post some scores then.
Good luck
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

really quiet around here  ???
be nice to hear whats up with the new guys  :icon_thumright:
got a nice one yesterday that scored 64. came in silent after last gobble about 150 yards away. couldnt see him coming, but 20 minutes later he cut loose 10 yards behind the blind

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Ten more days and I get a chance at a possible upgrade
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

bust a biggun, nick
i am in holding pattern, too, final tag is for fourth season that starts the 27th

turkey buster

nickhrp

What about everyone else how there season going ain't seen much from rest of the team
God Bless the Outdoors