turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need New Crow Call

Started by 870BkWht, January 31, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Looking for a new crow call.  I have only pretty much used production type calls in the past. 

Does anyone make a custom type crow call out of acrylic like the custom duck calls? 

Someone reccamend me the best crow calls.  If crow calls were pot calls then suggest a DD Adams winner for me.

davisd9

https://www.midwestturkeycall.com/crow-calls/337-darrell-gibson-s-walnut-crow-call.html

If you want to talk with Mr. Gibson and possibly select a wood then PM me, I have his card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bowbird87

I got a osage and ebony call from Pappy and its a great little call. Definitely worth more than I paid.

Spring Creek Calls

The best I've found is from Lonehowl on this site.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Bowguy

Frozen Crow

Gregg Guthridge makes one with an acrylic mouthpiece. Everything he makes is spectacular...

alankrow

also look at Michael Buckner..top notch.. :icon_thumright:He has a website..

Ridge

I have not personally ran any better than the crow call by WildTalker Game Calls (Mike Battey). Here is a video of him running it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgwN3BVLQM

birdhunterdave

Jack"pappy" Lewis makes a fine crow call and will do you right. 573-380-8206

870BkWht

Quote from: Frozen Crow on January 31, 2017, 10:41:28 AM
Gregg Guthridge makes one with an acrylic mouthpiece. Everything he makes is spectacular...

Does he have a website or his would I get in touch with him?

silverspur

Go on Facebook and look up Shadow Turkey Calls and Carvings.  Gregg make a really great acrylic crow call.  I have one of them!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

1tiogabowhunter

Gibson makes an excellent crow call! 

NCbowjunkie

Darrell Gibson for sure. Call Mr. Gibson at 828/ 287-9277. Ask for his Stubby call in the oak burl. You will not regret it. It is pure Crow

silverspur

Chad Scruggs makes a good one too!  Also Bill Buckner!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Double B

That Wildtalker video sounds like it's a great one!   I usually  prefer all wood, including mouthpiece and I don't have any customs, but really like Faulk's C-50.   A PS Olt is what has ridden in my vest for close to 20 yrs, and it still rocks em.   The other custom crow I always hear about that hasn't been mentioned is Jack Mincey.    If I can hunt with one crow call......why do I need ALL the TURKEY  Calls?!?    :funnyturkey:
Followed by buzzards