OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Meat Eater, hunting show

Started by Marc, January 31, 2017, 02:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I am normally not at all a fan of hunting shows...  And, not even being a big game hunter, I still really enjoy the show Meat Eater.

Many of his hunts take place in rugged public areas, he often ends the show without success, and he acknowledges his own mistakes.  I also enjoy that he always cooks and eats some of the game he killed on the show...  He does a great job of building a story around each episode.

I do not even know what network it is on, but it is on Netflix, and some episodes are on YouTube.  Most of the shows center around big game, but he does do some bird hunting (including turkey)... 
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

compton30

Steven Rinella (the host) is also a fantastic author. I've read all his books and he is really all about the hunt to eat lifestyle. He's also a great champion for conservation and public lands. I'd recommend checking out the Meat Eater podcast, if you're into that sort of thing. Really awesome stuff

wvmntnhick

I wish they'd put all the episodes on Netflix. Shame they only put 1.5 seasons on there.

Happy

He is one of the very few I will watch. He gets what hunting should really be. Not gonna rant but most hunting has become a joke .

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Jroddc

That's one of the only hunting shows that I really watch.

2eagles

My son has been telling me about him for quite a while, so when Netflix picked up some of his shows, I was anxious to watch. I don't like hunting shows, but this is so different! I enjoyed Meat Eater and now I'm reading his book "American Buffalo". Got the e-book from Amazon for $1.99

stinkpickle

Agreed.  It's one of my favorite shows.

Double B

Yep he's got one of the best hunting shows on the tube.  Class act.   
Followed by buzzards

Gooserbat

One of the best if not the best.  A fresh perspective to hunting shows.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Meat Eater and Ted Nugent are my favorite , love Ted Nugent and what he stands for..USA.

kjnengr

Quote from: Happy on January 31, 2017, 06:01:26 AM
Not gonna rant but most hunting has become a joke commercial.

There, I fixed it for you.   I agree with you 100% Happy.

TauntoHawk

I don't watch much hunting shows but meateater is by far a top favorite of mine, most everything else I will watch on youtube to cut the commercials and sponsor plugs out.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rapscallion Vermilion

Thanks for the tip.  It looks like a great series.  I miss Dez Young's shows:  Hunting With Hank or Upland Days with Dash and Dez.  The whole family would watch these.  "Never, ever, spoil your bird dog."  ;)

WNCTracker

My favorite as well.  The "after the kill" parts are some of the best.  I got his book about hunting and cooking wild game.  I think it is geared a little more towards novice, but nonetheless I learned a few things and it was a good read.  Great show, great cook, great writer.

Happy

Quote from: kjnengr on January 31, 2017, 09:06:09 AM
Quote from: Happy on January 31, 2017, 06:01:26 AM
Not gonna rant but most hunting has become a joke commercial.

There, I fixed it for you.   I agree with you 100% Happy.
Thanks. Glad somebody is looking out for me.  :D I am just wondering when the real hunters are gonna stand up and say enough. We have lost a lot of dignity due to laziness. And I dont buy the "if it's legal it's ok crap." Or the if we regulate this than its just another "in" for the non hunting community to push their agenda. That's backwards thinking. To me that's the laziness of people that want to get everything the easy way with no consideration toward the animals they are claiming to be stewards of. I would rather my image be that of someone who cares about the land and animals I pursue and put them above my desire to be successful. Not some bloodthirsty idiot that only wants to kill things and the easier the better. Not saying my way is the only way but it is getting out of hand and fast. Sorry I done went on a rant. But someone needs to. We should be ahead of the curve and not behind it.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club