OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bit of a sad day

Started by Bowguy, January 28, 2017, 09:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

This morning I went out w my Cracker dog. Msbehavin Firecracker is her registered name.
She's 13 but still out hunts many dogs. She digs in the brush n has big legs n nose. But she's showing her age n this will prob be her last hunt this year.
I've got a pup to replace her but Cracker has been through some rough times w me n always made me proud. . Just like she did today.. Thanks Cracker
Pic is of my buddy Jimmy, his dad Jim and his son little Jimmy

I should add she was in one field trial shortly before I became divorced which side tracked me some. She got a first n her brother Remy who I also trained got a second. Great bloodlines. For any shorthair folks she goes back to Hightailing Saddle a National Field Champion. Her mom was like 12 times champion, all horseback dogs,  her bloodline shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

It's hard to see a great dog start slowing down especially when their heart is bigger than the physical capabilities. They are truely one thing in life who don't expect much and you get a lot of enjoyment from .

USMC0331

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 28, 2017, 09:41:58 AM
It's hard to see a great dog start slowing down especially when their heart is bigger than the physical capabilities. They are truely one thing in life who don't expect much and you get a lot of enjoyment from .  X2

wvmntnhick

I can sympathize. Have a dog that's showing his age quite fast. Been running a pup lately and he's doing well but retiring the old man wasn't easy. Looks like Cracker has it figured out and has obviously given you some great times. Just do you and your new dog a favor. I'm certain you've heard this before so it'll come as no surprise. Don't expect the new dog to be like the last. Enjoy it for what it is. They're like ones own kids. Not the same but lovely in their own way. Good luck with the new dog and thanks for sharing. Glad to see Cracker still getting it done at 13 too.

Farmboy27

Always hard when your dog gets old. I have had beagles and coon hounds all my life and have been through it lots of times. I'm actually at that point right now. Old Sassy still has the spirit and drive of a pup, but her body just can't do it anymore. In one way it breaks my heart, but even more it gives me pride that I raised and hunted with such a great dog!  Gonna be a sad day when she's gone, but she has done well teaching little Buffy how things work. She is the 6th generation from my first dog and I'm sure her daughter will be a great dog just like she is!

Bowguy

Well that was def her last hunt. Cracker passed today. She was a good dog n I'm sure lots of folks know how it feels.
She always made me proud

doublespurs21

sorry for your loss of a fine hunting buddy,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SteelerFan

Quote from: Bowguy on February 21, 2017, 06:53:25 PM
Well that was def her last hunt. Cracker passed today. She was a good dog n I'm sure lots of folks know how it feels.
She always made me proud

Dang... sorry to hear!

guesswho

Really hate to hear that.  Hard to lose a good friend, two or four legged.  RIP Cracker!!!!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

USMC0331

Sorry you lost your hunting buddy.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Sorry to hear that.  Very clear you two were lucky to have each other.

Happy

Sorry to hear that. It sucks, I've been there

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

dirt road ninja

They never live long enough. Sorry to hear about it.

BABS9