OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ted "Pete" Peters

Started by sbbow, January 25, 2017, 05:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Anybody use any of his striker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jed clampett

I have personally never used one...but he sure seems to be selling a LOT of them...from previous users to new people....they do look like a nice little striker...would be curious myself to hear from someone that has one!

hunter22

I have some of his older strikers. I read that they are made from laminated hardwoods. They are very similar in shape and size to a Dad's striker. I really like mine.

sbbow

Quote from: hunter22 on January 25, 2017, 08:34:41 AM
I have some of his older strikers. I read that they are made from laminated hardwoods. They are very similar in shape and size to a Dad's striker. I really like mine.
Rickey I was thinking the same thing as far as shape an size. On his Facebook page there are some sound files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zilla

I have 2 of his original strikers and just received one of his new strikers. The new material doesn't seem to be as dense resulting in a flatter sound. Also the striker doesn't seem to grip the surface as much as the original striker.

PALongspur

I don't know what the new ones are like but I have two of the originals (one in each material) and they're the best strikers I own. They seem to make any call better regardless of surface. I actually stopped hunting with them several years ago because I'm afraid to lose one.

Daddy rat

I bought a new style and it's a runner...  don't have a old style to compare with but It gave few non hunting calls new life... it will be in my vest everyday I hunt

mmclain

The old strikers are great and were copied the old woodhaven dymondwood strikers are identical with the exception of the top. The new laminate material is not as good sadly.

1187man

No offense to today's call makers but Ted started the one piece striker. Everyone else just copied or perfected it. He was advertising in T&TH and Turkey call in the late 90s. Ted is a perfectionist that, had he needed the money, would be the top Turkey call maker today. I'm biased but he he personally taught me how to run a friction call. I view him as the Neil Cost of Friction