OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where are we from  (Read 4671 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Where are we from
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »
Many of us know each other . We have a few new fellers though. Lets see who we is!

I am from Vann Town Tn. Been turkey hunting for over 20 years. Been deer hunting for over 40 years. I use many different turkey guns. of late I am using muzzle-loading scatter guns. My favorite go to is a 835 with the original stardot choke.

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Where are we from
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
I live in Putnam County.
Always have toted an 835 hoping to have a 12 & 20 barrel on my Encore by 2018
season
I'm a pot call guy. Slowly growing my arsenal.
Enjoy self filming my hunts.
Good luck everyone glad to be back this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Where are we from
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:32:45 AM »
I live in Maury County.

I use the same 12g 870 that I have been hunting with for the past 15+ years. I enjoy loading TSS and shooting a 3" shell instead of a 3.5". I am hoping to find a 20g and start hunting with it.

I use a variety of calls. I am a mouth call guy, but I like to use a slate and my crystal mistress pot call.

Enjoy being part of this team and good luck to everyone this season.

Offline callaway71

Re: Where are we from
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
Thanks for the add. I'm no stranger to playing in a turkey contest, just not this one.

I live in Montgomery Co.  I hunt Tn and Ky.  I use both a shotgun and bow.  Mouth and pot calls are my tools. Glad to be a part of the team and will contribute.  Good luck to everyone!

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
Where are we from
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »
I live in Williamson county and hunt here and Maury county as well as some other Mid TN counties. I've been hunting almost 7 years (6 years solo) and have killed all my birds with the same shotgun, a NEF Pardner pump action 12 gauge that I bought in early 2011.

I film or at least try to film all of my hunts, I enjoy getting it all on video as much as I enjoy the hunt itself.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »
I have been enjoying the videos. I would like to video some of mine. I guess i need to get energetic and do it.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Where are we from
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
They are great videos catman.

Offline TN Beard Buster

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:16 PM »
I'm from Coffee Co. I've been turkey hunting over 30 years. I hunt Bedford, Franklin, and sometime Lincoln Co.'s. I use all types of calls, but I'm starting to lean toward tube and trumpet as my favorites!! I'm on staff with Dead End Game Calls for the last three years!! I'm using an 870 in 12 & 20 ga. I'm also gonna try my new Baretta A300 that I won at our NWTF banquet last Friday. I've been on this team since it started. Welcome to the new guys!! I pray we can get 100% participation this year.

Offline Jwall

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »
Hey gentleman. Im in Wilson County and been turkey hunting the past 5 or 6 year. I do most of my hunting on public land around here or family land in Meigs County. This is the second year Ive been on the team. I used to hunt with my 870 but now used a Franchi Affinity. Looking forward to us winning this contest this season.

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »
I live in Lincoln Co. Been turkey hunting since my later teens, so around 25 years. I hunt mainly just in my home county, but occasionally make it to Georgia, Florida, and into Alabama. I'm a mouth call guy, but also use pots and my trusty old original Lynch 101 box. Usually use my 3" Browning 26" A5 stalker with IC choke. It's the old style and a weights a ton, but I just keep toting her. Good luck too all you boys this year, and welcome to the new guys!

Offline SX3Mike

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
I live in Dover and work as a contractor in Fort Campbell.  Always been a 835 rhino choke and nitro shell type of guy but this I am going to use my SX3.  Ordered a 24" barrel and a head hunter choke.   I hunt Stewart, Houston, and Montgomery County in TN.  Always hunt LBL and the local WMA too.  And I hunt Chiristian County in KY.   Try to make a trip every couple of years.   Went and killed some Osceolas last year with some buddies and had a blast.    Looking forward to contributing this year. 

Mike

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
We are glad to have you