Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2017 Strut Stoppers welcome thread

Started by turkey harvester, January 23, 2017, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

Well folks its getting close to that time of year. Here is where we can tell a little bout ourselves. We can figure out a captain and get everything else posted in this thread, rules, kill thread, story thread, ect. I'll start

My name is Jeff, I'm 47 years old Thursday. Been married for 16 years and raise a 10 year old granddaughter. I teach welding for high school kids at a career center. I love to hunt and fish but turkeys are my passion. Got skunked last year for the first time in 24 years and its time for redemption,lol. My wife loves turkey hunt so I always have a partner to go with.
Last year I was captain of our great team, not the best at it, but things seemed to go fairly smooth. I can be captain if no one else wants to. Spring is my busiest time of the year at school but I try to keep up. Got a couple of good ole boys on here too that helps out, so it makes it easier.
So..... Lets here about ya!! 
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

dzsmith

hey I think I was on your team last year.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

turkey harvester

wvhoyt19

Hey guys! My name is Chris and I thank you all for adding me to the roster. I am from WV and love to chase these mountain birds. Turkey hunting is by far my favorite. I really enjoy being a dad and making memories in the woods with my 2 sons! I'm looking forward to being a part of this team and getting to know everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey harvester

Welcome hoyt, good bunch of fellers here. I would say after the first of Feb. we think about filling our roster and setting stuff in stone. We can get team captain, rules, scoring system,etc posted up so the early birds will have a place to their kills. Any input? I know I'm ready to hear my first gobble!!!

deerbasshunter3

Welcome back! For those of you who may be new to the team, my name is Joseph. I live in South Carolina. I only ever hunt private land, but plan to get on some public land this season. I am not the best at calling, but I have always had somebody with me who can call one in, so I have been able to put a bird on the scoreboard each year.

I'm looking forward to this season, and hope we can all do well. Remember, it is just a game!

bornagain64

My name is John. I have been married 25 years and have 3 children.
I will be hunting Osceolas on public ground in Florida. Been scouting a few times and not seeing much sign. My season starts in 30 days. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and chasing some Toms down.

ruination

Names Austin, another dude from Maryland but on the other side of the bay.  Had a really rough season last year, almost made me quit, luckily had some gobbling while goose hunting this year instantly made me want back in.  Waterfowl is #1 for me but I love getting into the woods.  Only have hunted public in the past but a few bad experiences last year has me looking for a lease.  Happy to be here, hope to put points on the board.
.410 Favors the Bold

birdman67

I'm Tandy from MS. I love to be in the spring woods. I have hunted for about 15 years and just love chasing those ol' birds. Hope to help out the team this year and look forward to the stories and hunts we will share.
Loving God's Creation!

Jroddc

Thanks again for adding me to the team. My name is Jared, I'm 36 years old, and live in Sussex County NJ, 2 miles from NY (Orange County). I turkey hunt both states and harvested birds in both states last year. Hope I can be a help to the team this season. I do a lot of hunting besides turkey, I have two dogs I bird hunt with and I do quite a bit of deer hunting. 

turkey harvester

Sounds like we have a great bunch of folks this year. Glad to have you all with us and can't wait to see some dead birds and hear the stories too. We'll get our last one and it's on like donkey kong.

Dmason3

Saw several gobblers strutting and heard lots of gobbles in Illinois. It's slowly heating up here

deerbasshunter3

I will be in the woods in about five hours!

Dmason3

Good luck today!

turkey harvester

Finally heard my first gobbles of the year yesterday!! They didn't gobble good but they gobbled. I was scouting some public land.