turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby sa459

Started by Browning85, January 21, 2017, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning85

I've been juggling the idea of retiring the 1187 and buying a new turkey gun and have been leaning towards the 12 ga 459. You guys that have them, are you having any problems? I will probably top it with a ff3. Any info is greatly appreciated .

wvnut3

I have the SA-459 not in 12 but 20 ga and it has been flawless. It is my favorite Turkey gun i own.Lee

FL-Boss

Lots of reviews on this site.. don't think 1 person has anything negative to say. I have the SA-459 ... plus 2 other weatherby shotguns...all good.

Philippe

That SA-459 is one of the single best turkey machines on the market right now. I loved mine. The pattern it tossed with a Sumtoy choke and Longbeard 3in 1 7/8 6's and 5's was absolutely mean. Not one issue with the firearm.

Ahollon3

What kind of patterns are you getting out of your 459 with a sumtoy? I got a Jebs in mine shooting LB 3" 6 1 3/4 oz

Browning85

I just got my sumtoy last week and waiting on my red dot to get here so I can pattern it. I will let you know how it shoots as soon as I get a chance to. Hopefully in the next wk weather permitting