turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg SA-20 choke/ammo combination

Started by RussM311, January 21, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussM311

My kids gave the old man a Mossberg SA-20 Turkey Thug for Christmas, and it is time to get it ready.  I have used the Primos Jellyhead on my 12 ga with the Mag Blend ammo and had great results, but this is a different ballgame. Are the Jellyhead and Mag Blend going to be a good combination for the SA-20??   I can find no references to this combination, and just wondered if anyone had tried it?   

TrackeySauresRex

I don't have the SA-20. However, in my 20ga MB-500 w/26" barell. The Trulock, rated for the Hevi 7's does well.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Turkeyfever

I have the  SA 20 turkey thug and absolutely love it! The best combo I have found is the Carlson's choke tube .575 and federal HW #7. That combo is hard on the gobblers! You will really like the gun it is a pleasure to carry in the turkey woods and will shoot great with that combo.

SumToy

562 and federals it should be 150-160 range.  I have seen them go more.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

3bailey3

I have not heard of Turlock who makes it?