OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 Gauge WLB Turkey Loads - A First Look

Started by allaboutshooting, January 20, 2017, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 02, 2017, 02:15:56 PM
QuoteClark, you always seem to have good info. Not saying this isn't. But the faster a sphere is launched thing isn't making sense to me. Say you have a base ball. Throw it 20 miles an hour, another thrown 90 miles an hour. The 90 mile an hour ball is sure to go farther, hit harder. It might shed velocity percentage wise, I'm still not sure why but I'm keeping an open mind since your posts are usually spot on. Just can't see how 200 feet per second more could slow down n wait up for slower spheres.
Btw I'm not a fan of extreme speed, just trying to get what you're saying

It's all a matter of physics. "Atmospheric drag" slows the sphere that is launched at the faster speed more than the sphere that is launched at the slower speed.
You can do some research on it but here's an article that discusses it in part https://books.google.com/books?id=UjkXVB9c9DgC&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=The+faster+a+sphere+is+launched+the+faster+it+slows&source=bl&ots=VMOq_0zX06&sig=SXqM4q78vA1zMVIbmRS9GiimgtA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM0funivLRAhUF1CYKHc3TCd8Q6AEIIDAB#v=onepage&q=The%20faster%20a%20sphere%20is%20launched%20the%20faster%20it%20slows&f=false

Thanks,
Clark
For some reason it won't open. It's interesting though

Bowguy

Guess it sorta does make sense once I read up some. I understand bc on a rifle bullet n the way it effects Bullet flight. Never realized it'd also effect round shot but some animated stuff I saw made sense. Thanks again Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Bowguy on February 02, 2017, 07:29:12 PM
Guess it sorta does make sense once I read up some. I understand bc on a rifle bullet n the way it effects Bullet flight. Never realized it'd also effect round shot but some animated stuff I saw made sense. Thanks again Clark

I understand. It's an odd concept and that information is not widely circulated.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."