turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Two from Unicoi

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, January 17, 2017, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

I bought several calls at the show but these are two of the three suction calls I got. (The third, not pictured, is a Lamar Williams wingbone; I always wanted one)

-Marlin Watkins amboyna burl adjustable trumpet. 
-Anthony Ellis ABW and buffalo horn Jordan style.

Both of these look great and sound better! There were so many to choose from but I didn't have a trumpet yet from either of these guys.  Anthony happened to have a combo I always wanted in a Jordan style. Awesome call from a great guy and friend.  Marlin was not really selling his horns I just twisted his arm a couple weeks prior and it paid off.   :OGani:

Click to enlarge...
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

KentuckyHeadhunter

Matt k

KPcalls

hunter22

You got some dandies.....

antnye

Wow that Watkins burl looks awesome Allen. I'll bet it's a player!  I'm glad you like the yelper.

Message me your new address when you get moved in. I've got something I need to send you here in a Couple weeks.

krm

Kelvin Morrison

blackfalcon

Those are some gems! Nice pickups!!

1iagobblergetter

Congrats!!! I have a couple just like yours from Marlin. Look great and are easy players.....

EZ

Great looking calls. I heard it was a great show and very well run and a good time had by all. Makes me want to plan on going next year.

chefrific

M Sharpe

Looks like some good ones Allen!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

troutfisher13111

Nice grab!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

callmakerman

Very nice Allen. Did you get the wing bone mouth piece for Marlins call as well? If not you need to pick one up as it really works well in this call.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: callmakerman on January 19, 2017, 10:18:34 AM
Very nice Allen. Did you get the wing bone mouth piece for Marlins call as well? If not you need to pick one up as it really works well in this call.

I've heard that Bill but he didn't have any available.  I really like the sound as it is and with the adjustment option it is very versatile.  I like how he shapes the MP.  Almost triangular.  Is that normal for Marlin's trumpets? Gives nice fit and rasp.