turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FF3 and 336 Issue

Started by Otdrzman, January 17, 2017, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otdrzman

While installing a FF3 on a 336 base last year I noticed that the screws that hold the sight to the base had a noticeable amount of side to side play/slop. Almost like the holes in the 336 base were to large or the screws weren't the correct size. I lightly snugged them down and unfortunately one of them stripped out. Burris sent me another 336 base. Which I greatly appreciated. Just recently I installed it and it also seemed to have a noticeable amount of play in the screws. I lightly snugged it down and it held. On one of the screws though I could tell if I didn't stop at that point the threads were coming out of it as well and it had just started to tighten. Just curious if anyone else had run into this. 

backwater

It's been a while since I installed mine but I had zero issues.   I don't recall but didn't the FF3 come with more then one set of screws....different thread sizes?   If you had a significant amount of "slop", I'm thinking it was not the correct screw.   Did Burris also send you new screws?

Otdrzman

It seems like it did come with different screws but the only difference was the length is what I am thinking. I had the sight in a ziplock with the screws from last year. If it came with different sizes other than length that could very well be the problem and I just didnt realize it. Thx