OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally Relocating South....

Started by tomstopper, January 16, 2017, 09:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Well after losing my job back in August, I finally got a great one in the south (my family and I have been wanting to move south for a long time and losing my job opened up that door). Hope you folks from NC don't mind a NY/PA guy tagging along. My family & I may be needing some advice on many things in the future so I hope you all can help.

WNCTracker

Where in NC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

I haven't lived in NC since the early 70's but good luck with the move and new job!

Any of you NC guys from the Roxboro area?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Cut N Run

I live outside of Hillsborough, about 20 miles from downtown Roxboro.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Cut N Run

There's a lot more turkeys around North Carolina than there used to be.  There's plenty not far from Wilmington.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

turkeyfoot

I'm on other end of state good luck on the move

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Cut N Run on January 17, 2017, 09:17:03 AM
I live outside of Hillsborough, about 20 miles from downtown Roxboro.

Jim
Cool.  I lived on Lake Hyco and my father worked building the power plant there when I was in Jr. High.  Loved that place.  I used to try and put the sneak on the turkeys that always seemed to be in the field down from our house.  Never managed to get very close. :D
I would love to go back and see what it looks like now. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ol bob

Good luck love to help but I'm about as far away as you can get in N.C.

Arrowhead

Used to live in Raleigh and work in Hillsborough. Still go back and deer and turkey hunt once or twice a year.

bbcoach

Tom, Welcome to NC.  I live about 2 hours NE of Wilmington.  Wilmington is a GROWING city.  Lots to do in the city with 4 4A High Schools and Topsail High School, just NE of Wilmington, is a 3A High school.  Hunting is pretty good with plenty of in shore and off shore fishing in Eastern NC.  Flat Coastal sandy land.  Pender county has several game lands with 1000's of acres of public land for hunting (Holly Shelter and Angola).  Deer hunting is pretty good with ample tags (6) that runs from the second Saturday in September if you bowhunt until January 1.  We only have a spring turkey season (2 bearded birds).  Resident license is $50 for Sportsman license that covers almost everything.  Traffic in and around the city is pretty hectic during the week so I would recommend looking at Topsail or Hampstead NE of Wilmington.  Good Luck with the move and new job and keep in touch here if you have any more questions.

BowBendr

Welcome to the Tarheel state, hope you enjoy the job and all works out for you. Me, Turkeyfoot and some of the others live a good ways west of Wilmington and we hunt in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
If you ever swing thru, be glad to put you on a tom or some killer trout fishing !
The turkeys are definitely picking up steam in the area you'll be in...good hunting to be found.