OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 and 935

Started by Wrangler95, January 15, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

Purchased a 935 and looking to buy another choke tube for it.Looking at the TruGlo SSX .670,anyone have this combination of gun and choke?Thanks
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Wrangler95 on January 15, 2017, 10:07:01 PM
Purchased a 935 and looking to buy another choke tube for it.Looking at the TruGlo SSX .670,anyone have this combination of gun and choke?Thanks

Wrangler I've only hunted with mossbergs in the turkey woods in my many years God has blessed me with tondo it.   About 7 yrs ago I switched over to a 935.  The past 3 seasons I've used a truglo Strut Stopper Xtreme (SSX) choke with Long Beard XR with excellent results!  God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Wrangler95

Thanks VA Birdhunter,I will be using the long beard shells also
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

appalachianassassin

the carlsons longbeard xr choke is better by far imo. I have both and have no use for the ssx. $20 undertaker is also better that the ssx.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: appalachianassassin on January 15, 2017, 10:58:22 PM
the carlsons longbeard xr choke is better by far imo. I have both and have no use for the ssx. $20 undertaker is also better that the ssx.

Never used the Carlsons but the undertaker never come close to my SSX...plus I picked up my SSX brand new for $20 shipped off eBay.

Wrangler read all the post by Clark aka/forum name (allaboutshooting) he is the man when it comes to shooting and shotguns!   He's the one that recommended the SSX choke with the long beards and he put me right on the money with it!  I also highly recommmend you read and follow his instructions on deep cleaning your shot gun barrel!! You will see a difference!!!!   God bless

Tennessee Lead

The Carlson is wicked in my 835

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appalachianassassin

you got a good deal in the ssx. I paid far more for mine, thus the disappointment. I have to apologize though. my ssx is for my sx3 longbeard, not my mossy.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on January 15, 2017, 11:30:44 PM
The Carlson is wicked in my 835

Tennessee I plan on trying a Carlson some time soon...was on the list before spring gobbler this year but more custom calls got me already LOL...it's a really bad addiction!!!!  I'm really going to focus on carrying the mossberg 500 Bantam 20ga I set up for my son 2 yrs ago.  Put a 6 position stock on it to make it as short has he needed but also work for myself and him as he ages.  Hopping they release the LBs 20ga soon!

Vaturkeyhntr

I shoot the mossberg 835 with a 20in barrel with a truglo SSX and the LB 3 1/2 #6's and get an amazing pattern out of it....
This is at 30 yards

Double B

My 835 shoots a .676 SD really well w Longbeard xr.    I figured 670 might be a little tight in that overboard barrel, but hard to argue with the pic, great pattern.    Good luck in your quest. 
Followed by buzzards