turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Super Vinci, #4 Longbeards, and choke

Started by bkmccu, January 14, 2017, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkmccu

Been working on my gun for awhile to find the right shell and choke combination plus fix a POA/POI issue, but I am finally pleased with the results. I shot today today with the following results (note that I stepped off the distance vs measured as I do after each turkey I shoot so I have a similar comparison):

25 steps

40 steps

50 steps (took this shot mostly to check the centering of the red dot sight)

This was shot from a factory Benelli Super Vinci with an added pistol grip stock, Vortex Venom red dot, Carlson's Longbeard choke, and Winchester Longbeard 3 1/2" #4 shot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

The bird could get decapitated out to 40-steps - Nice!

50-steps is lethal as well.

the Ward

Looks great! I have a regular Vinci set up similar to yours except with a ff3 and sumtoy choke and I love hunting with it.

bkmccu

Thanks guys!  I almost ordered a sumtoy and still may to add to my collection  ;D

2dogs1name

Dtrkyman

Wow...amazing 4 shot pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naylor649

Dang. That's a nice pattern. Good night jelly head! Thanks for the post.

MrLovitt

What constriction Carlson's tube was that? Great pattern.

BottomLand54

Getting the POA/poi can be frustrating...... But when you shoot a pattern like that it's like thank you LORD! That's nice, I am.waitinf on my sumtoy choke, mount, and my fast fire 3 then I will post results out of me sbe3. That's exciting to see your pattern with 4's I don't know which shell ima run yet whether magna blends or longboards but they will be 3" lol.

bkmccu

Constriction is. 665

Vinci1964

I have a Super Vinci and shoot the exact same choke although I shoot 3.5" #5's LBXR

Do you guys think I can get similar patter results with 4's?

bkmccu

I tried quite a few combinations and this was the best. I would give it a try.

Vinci1964

I am getting around 97 pellets in a 10" circle with a Carlson's LB choke 665, super Vinci 28" barrel with 3.5 LB XR's #5 at 50 yards. Optic is a fast fire 3.  Pattern was nice and even. Amazing!  They are my go to load right now.

Tried 3" lb's at #5 and 6 shot and they just don't have the same pattern density as the 3.5's. The recoil is just slightly more.

Going to try the 3.5" #4's to see what it will do.  I will post at 30, 40, 50 yards with the same choke. It should have plenty of energy at 1200 fps muzzle velocity. I kind of think the choke has a little more room for #4's in it from the patterns posted.

bkmccu

Please post your results.  The pics I posted are 1050 fps and I plan to compare to the 1200 fps soon.

gobblermadness

Super Vinci with Magnum Blends and Hevi13 Choke