OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 year old daughter's First Turkey with pics and video

Started by gophert, April 06, 2011, 05:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnHunter

Congrats to the young lady on her first bird, and what a great video.
Life is good today

PANYHunter

Congrats to you and your daughter on her first bird!!!  It's great to see the excitement on both your faces.  That's what hunting is all about.  I think that she should be an honorary member of Team Head Hunters!!!   :z-guntootsmiley:

gophert

Quote from: PANYHunter on April 07, 2011, 07:52:58 AM
  I think that she should be an honorary member of Team Head Hunters!!!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Nate,

I scored her bird and even with the beard-rot short beard it scored 58, which is still bigger than my bird at 55.  If it had say a 10" beard, which i don't think would have been out of the question, it would have scored 67.  I have never killed a bird that big!!!!  She was definitely telling everyone at church last night that she killed one BIGGER than dad.  The girl is just lucky!   I call up birds every time she is with me.  Perhaps we do need to add her to the team just for the luck factor.

Tim

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Ol'Mossy

ground control

"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Jay

;D She could have been a bit more excited about it. Nah. Great video. She hammered one nice Tom, and glad you got it on film forever. That's one of those moments it would have been a shame to lose.

S.C.C

Super hunt and video my friend!! you have made a turkey hunter for life,she is hooked! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

PANYHunter

Quote from: gophert on April 07, 2011, 08:19:26 AM
Quote from: PANYHunter on April 07, 2011, 07:52:58 AM
  I think that she should be an honorary member of Team Head Hunters!!!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Nate,

I scored her bird and even with the beard-rot short beard it scored 58, which is still bigger than my bird at 55.  If it had say a 10" beard, which i don't think would have been out of the question, it would have scored 67.  I have never killed a bird that big!!!!  She was definitely telling everyone at church last night that she killed one BIGGER than dad.  The girl is just lucky!   I call up birds every time she is with me.  Perhaps we do need to add her to the team just for the luck factor.

Tim

That's alright.  Tell her you will let her get away with it for this year but next year its on. 

gophert

Yea...I told her I wasn't calling another bird up for her until I got to shoot at one.   ;D

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats Leah on your first turkey!!!  Great shot! :z-guntootsmiley:  Congrats dad on having such a GREAT hunt with your daughter!! :you_rock: :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

turkey slayer

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13