Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unicoi box call pictures "please",offerings,stash,whatya got!

Started by Happy hooker, January 12, 2017, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I would have loved to come to the Unicoi show but quite a trek in January from Minnesota.

For those of you that were the lucky ones I would love to hear what box calls you could actually pick up off the tables and buy there,,were there many from Dawkins,Mann,Lapp,SS,Beard and the talented others.
Love to see pics of what you got or if your walking around show of the tables at show.
I'd love to suffer for not going so I'm sure to next year.

SS Calls

gergg

Who is the call maker with all of the Turpin style boxes? He was next to Richard Hudson's table.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

sixbird

I want to say Morgan...I'm not 100% sure but that runs in my mind...

packmule

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: gergg on January 16, 2017, 12:32:31 PM
Who is the call maker with all of the Turpin style boxes? He was next to Richard Hudson's table.
that would be doug morgan from ms.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SS Calls

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 16, 2017, 01:46:27 PM
Quote from: gergg on January 16, 2017, 12:32:31 PM
that would be doug morgan from ms.

Yep.  :icon_thumright:

davisd9

Lots of people made a huge mistake not buying a box from Wendell Lancaster. He was even selling them for less than his normal cost. They were $80. Had an ebony/holly and yellow heart/poplar that were smoking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

KentuckyHeadhunter

I got some great calls at the show but these were the only boxes I purchased this year.
Lamar Williams cedar/mahogany paddle
Darren Dawkins cedar/butternut paddle

Click to enlarge.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

pauld

I had some there as well, sold a good many and actually left with orders to fill when I got home. Just not famous I don't guess. LOL!!!

gaswamp

Quote from: davisd9 on January 16, 2017, 03:18:57 PM
Lots of people made a huge mistake not buying a box from Wendell Lancaster. He was even selling them for less than his normal cost. They were $80. Had an ebony/holly and yellow heart/poplar that were smoking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't think  he sold many at all

sbbow

SS Calls

Jbird22

Good to see pics of the MS callmakers Doug Morgan and Ken Martin! Both build really good sounding calls. I have a Martin aka Barefoot box in Canary over Walnut and it's a good one. I have a few pots, Turpin box, and trumpet from Doug. They're all turkey as well. I'm relatively new to Turpin-style boxes but there's just something about that sound!