OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Zink- M. Watkins?

Started by 3bailey3, January 07, 2017, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Anyone seen or heard this new call that Marlin is helping Zink with?

callmakerman

I have one that was signed and finished tuned by Marlin. Great call

Bowguy

Zink needs all the help they can get. Overpriced n not very good. Don't personally like all that wicked stuff either. That reason alone I'd never buy them. They used to put out one ok duck call but was long ago. Never saw a turkey or locator I'd use. That's just me. Custom makers are much better n cheaper. Most are small guys who care. To zink you're a dollar sign. I haven't seen the particular call though

callmakerman

Not sure of the other stuff but this box that I have is loaded with turkey and I know Marlin is happy with them. Time will tell if the guy they have working on them and tuning gets it right.

M Sharpe

Is Marlin building them for Zink or is he tuning and putting his signature on them???
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

1iagobblergetter

I personally like the non mass production one on one custom callmaker calls. Ever since I went custom calls there's no turning back!!!

Bowhuntr73

callmakerman

Quote from: M Sharpe on January 07, 2017, 05:49:34 PM
Is Marlin building them for Zink or is he tuning and putting his signature on them???
No he is not. This call is one that someone brought to his shop had him sign it and he did a little light tuning.

callmakerman

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 07, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
I personally like the non mass production one on one custom callmaker calls. Ever since I went custom calls there's no turning back!!!
I agree but I thought what the heck as I had heard good things about them while Marlin was working with the Zink tuner. I do not regret buying it as it sound real nice.

willy8457

I have one to Bill, right out of the package it is better than any production call that I have ever used.  mine will surely make it in my vest this year.   I was out at Marlins last week and he made a few adjustments to mine.  Picked up a nice trumpet while I was there to.  hope everything is going well Bill  haven't talked in awhile.

Bowguy

Quote from: willy8457 on January 08, 2017, 09:45:10 AM
I have one to Bill, right out of the package it is better than any production call that I have ever used.  mine will surely make it in my vest this year.   I was out at Marlins last week and he made a few adjustments to mine.  Picked up a nice trumpet while I was there to.  hope everything is going well Bill  haven't talked in awhile.
Only a curiosity n by no means questioning you but out all the production calls you've tested it against have you tried the Cody Holei? That's one that is decent but let's say it is better why spend 100 bucks for a box that still needs adjustment when you can just get a custom, already tuned call cheaper?
Please don't think I'm questioning you personally, I just don't see the logic n there must be some.

3bailey3

Hey bow guy I started this thread because Marlin is a top notch custom call maker and just wanted to know if his collaboration with Zink was working. I didn't mean for this to turn to custom over a production call, btw only one production call is ever in my vest, a 35 year old Primos Spring hen!

letinmfly

Can someone post a pic of this collaboration call?
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Bowguy

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 08, 2017, 08:55:43 PM
Hey bow guy I started this thread because Marlin is a top notch custom call maker and just wanted to know if his collaboration with Zink was working. I didn't mean for this to turn to custom over a production call, btw only one production call is ever in my vest, a 35 year old Primos Spring hen!
I understand that brother, if just never gotten why anyone would spend more for less. Must be something about it besides maybe his input which would be great but it's not his call right?
If he was truly making them it'd be dif imo but you can certainly use whatever you like, don't be offended, my intent was not to slight or disrespect you

Bowguy

Here you go Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk