OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Look what I found!

Started by Dirtybird552, January 06, 2017, 04:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtybird552

Stopped at the LGS today and stumbled onto a box of choke tubes. A whole box of STAR DOT choke tubes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Any tubes in that box to fit a Winchester 1300 20 gauge?

Dirtybird552

Idk I found a few Invc and a a bunch of 835's. But I have no idea on the rest.

Dirtybird552

But I think a 1300 uses a standard win choke doesn't it?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on January 07, 2017, 07:17:23 AM
But I think a 1300 uses a standard win choke doesn't it?

I can't recall what they refer to is as but that does sound right. I know that it's the same thread they used in the Mossberg 500 unless I'm sadly mistaken.

wvmntnhick

Just double checked. It's the same tube as the Mossberg and browning invector. It'd have to be the standard invector though as the invector plus is different. Anyway, if they've got one in 20 gauge that'll fit (turkey tube obviously) snap it up if the price is reasonable. I should've checked with my LGS already because I'm sure they've got a few tubes in their drawer of goodies. Just not stardot.

Philippe

Hahah certainly cool but bet anything the moss 835's have been cherry picked and put on ebay.

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Philippe on January 07, 2017, 06:36:54 PM
Hahah certainly cool but bet anything the moss 835's have been cherry picked and put on ebay.
No there were several in the box. They don't know what they have, they buy stuff by the pallet and they got a bunch of chokes and a ton of NIB star dot sights

Philippe

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on January 07, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
Quote from: Philippe on January 07, 2017, 06:36:54 PM
No there were several in the box. They don't know what they have, they buy stuff by the pallet and they got a bunch of chokes and a ton of NIB star dot sights

You are gonna have about 500 pm's now lol

slicksbeagles1

I would also be interested in a 20 ga. Mossberg, win choke, invector thread

TrackeySauresRex

Lolol! ;D So let me get this right... Semi new guy comes along and goes fishing on OG. Puts a big carrot (star dotS) on a hook and throws it out there  :TooFunny: . I'm not biting. But I can use one for my Ol'Mossy. Lolol! ;D
Congrats on a great find. You'll get a million PMs on this for sure.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Dirtybird552

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 10, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
Lolol! ;D So let me get this right... Semi new guy comes along and goes fishing on OG. Puts a big carrot (star dotS) on a hook and throws it out there  :TooFunny: . I'm not biting. But I can use one for my Ol'Mossy. Lolol! ;D
Not as many as many pm's as you might think. I'm going to go by and talk with him today and get prices so I can post them with his store info. Not trying to make any money just passing along a good find.

allaboutshooting

Sometimes it happens. On Friday I found a small stash of 20 gauge Rem-Choke and Win-Choke Swarm Turkey Chokes. I'd been looking for some for over a year. You just never know what folks have put away and forgotten about.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on January 11, 2017, 06:14:58 AM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 10, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
Not as many as many pm's as you might think. I'm going to go by and talk with him today and get prices so I can post them with his store info. Not trying to make any money just passing along a good find.

And that's(one small reason)what makes this the place to be  8) Keep us in the loop
B-Well
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

wvmntnhick

Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 11, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
Sometimes it happens. On Friday I found a small stash of 20 gauge Rem-Choke and Win-Choke Swarm Turkey Chokes. I'd been looking for some for over a year. You just never know what folks have put away and forgotten about.

Thanks,
Clark
And you are now one less in the win choke category. Ordered mine today. Thanks a million Clark.