OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mounting the tail fan on Avian X decoy

Started by ChiefBubba, January 04, 2017, 11:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

Thought I'd ask just what the title says. It came with a 1/4 thread bolt with no nut but I see no place to mount it too. Just the plastic flap on the back. Was thinking of just drilling a small hole in it and screwing it on. Anyone else have one can let me know how they do it. Thank you Bubba 

hookedspur

Mine came with a wingnut and a hole in the flap to start with.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

MK M GOBL

Do you really want it mounted to the decoy? I have mine so it just pops on and off, it keeps the tail in much better shape and makes travel easier and for a quick set-up. I have modified the DSD to do this because I didn't want to spend the time taking it on and off.

MK M GOBL

Gamblinman

I mount mine by modifying the decoy to accept a big spring clamp. Just clamp the fan on.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Gamblinman on January 04, 2017, 08:22:49 PM
I mount mine by modifying the decoy to accept a big spring clamp. Just clamp the fan on.

That's not a bad idea I may try this. I called Avian X and they said just put it in the flap. I may get a smaller bolt to just hold the fan together it doesn't look to good without the bolt holding it together. Bubba

Gamblinman

Quote from: ChiefBubba on January 05, 2017, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: Gamblinman on January 04, 2017, 08:22:49 PM

That's not a bad idea I may try this. I called Avian X and they said just put it in the flap. I may get a smaller bolt to just hold the fan together it doesn't look to good without the bolt holding it together. Bubba

It works, and works well. Holds that fan solid and easy to set up in the dark. I knew the bolt wasn't the way to go. I can just see me dropping the nut in the dark right at the crack of daylight. I pretty much do that with all my equipment...idiot proof it...'cause I'll manage to screw it up if I don't
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."