357Magnole:          NO
Llauber79:            new   
allaboutshooting:   New

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big perm2

Im so ready

Hunter1979

I'm putting together a turkey gun for my nephew, and also taking my cousin out for his first hunt this year.  I'm ready to go!!

I want to decapitate mine this year with my Halon and a bullhead.

wmn2

I'm back in again. Gotta get
My first one

WNCTracker

Quote from: wmn2 on January 03, 2017, 07:53:53 PM
I'm back in again. Gotta get
My first one

Get that one that got away

wmn2

Planning on it. I've been seeing a lot throughout the fall at the land I hunt so I'm hoping I can nail one down this year.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Hunter1979 on January 03, 2017, 07:46:53 PM
I'm putting together a turkey gun for my nephew, and also taking my cousin out for his first hunt this year.
How old are they?

Hunter1979

Quote from: WNCTracker on January 03, 2017, 09:13:24 PM
I'm putting together a turkey gun for my nephew, and also taking my cousin out for his first hunt this year.
How old are they?

My nephew will be 12.  He's got a 20ga Remington.  I got him a saddle mount, red dot scope, choke, and box of shells for Christmas.  I'll get him all sighted in, then (hopefully) call in a Tom to about 10 yds for a good old fashioned face shooting!

My cousin is actually my wife's cousin's boyfriend.  Took him on his first duck hunt this year, now he's hooked.  He's about 26, and this will be his first turkey hunt.  It's in a new field, so I'm psyched to get a chance on a new property.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Hunter1979 on January 03, 2017, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: WNCTracker on January 03, 2017, 09:13:24 PM
How old are they?

My nephew will be 12.  He's got a 20ga Remington.  I got him a saddle mount, red dot scope, choke, and box of shells for Christmas.  I'll get him all sighted in, then (hopefully) call in a Tom to about 10 yds for a good old fashioned face shooting!

My cousin is actually my wife's cousin's boyfriend.  Took him on his first duck hunt this year, now he's hooked.  He's about 26, and this will be his first turkey hunt.  It's in a new field, so I'm psyched to get a chance on a new property.
That's going to be fun. I love going with new hunters and sharing the addiction

wmn2

I'm going to get my 8 year old out with me at some point this year. No gun yet, but I want to get him out there to experience the woods waking up in the morning.

WNCTracker

Quote from: wmn2 on January 04, 2017, 07:13:44 AM
I'm going to get my 8 year old out with me at some point this year. No gun yet, but I want to get him out there to experience the woods waking up in the morning.

I took my 8 yr old this year to sit for squirrels then for deer without a gun as well.  It was a great feeling.

jepcho

Hey guys. I'm most definitely back. I replied to the pm but hadn't seen this post yet. Glad to see most everybody has already committed to be back.

ILHUNTER

Yup I'm in.  Ready for a good season.  Starting off with our youth season with my 11 yr old son in his 3rd season.  Then we will have our full season which he and I will both be hunting and maybe my wife if I can get her out of bed,lol.  Then at the end of May when our season is over my son and I and 2 other buddies are headed to central Nebraska to try to get our first Merriam and maybe a Rio or a Hybrid.  Lets get this show started.

wmn2

We are going to vegas the first week of march, then April starts spring season for me. I can't wait. I'm going to start trying to pick up a few places to hunt coyotes and hoping that might get me in to hunt some private turkeys this year.

wmn2

Hoping to have some new land to hunt before season opens. My father in law sold his rental house in Ohio and we are planning on going in 50/50 on 5 acres in the mountains near the North Carolina border. This place is part of a land trust. 30 property owners have access to another 600 acres and it's managed for deer and turkey and bear each year based off trail cameras and sightings on what limits the property owners will have. We are hoping to get an offer in within the next few weeks and close before season opens. I'm hoping all goes well.