OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF III on/off

Started by Flounder, January 01, 2017, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

This may be the wrong place to post but I need help.
Getting ready to pattern my TC Pro Hunter with new ff3.
Trying to turn the ff 3 on/off and it don't want to turn off?
I turn it on and it's bright, second push a little lighter and 3rd a little more lighter. And last push it won't turn off.
The only/off switch seems to be not very responsive?
Help!
Thanks

paboxcall

It's the fifth button push.  From the FF website:

#1 – Automatic adjustment. A light sensor automatically senses the
surrounding light conditions and adjusts the brightness so that it is
not overpowering in low light, yet visible in bright daylight.
#2 – Highest brightness setting
#3 – Medium brightness setting
#4 – Lowest brightness setting

To turn the power off, simply press the power button once more to
completely shut off the electrical circuit and save your battery.
If the battery life falls below the limit of 4 hours,the light dot will
begin to blink twice every 5 seconds.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

paboxcall

I have a FFIII mounted to a Ruger Ranch Rifle, and found it would not turn on this summer at the range, unless I cranked the battery case down TIGHT.  Called Fast Fire customer service, they gave me a RMA and replaced my sight a couple weeks later no questions asked.

Excellent customer service.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Flounder

It just don't seem responsive. I push the button and it will come on,then it will dim after accordingly. Then it will not turn off. It seems like if I use my fingernail just right it will turn off.
Seems way too sensitive.
Thanks guys.

paboxcall

First, swap your battery for a brand new one, see if that helps.  If not, try adjusting the tightness of the battery cover. 

If either fail to change the FFIII functioning, give them a call.  They will make it right for you.

Flounder

Completed all the above. It seems to work fine if I take the small screwdriver supplied and push the on off button.
Could be my big hands with no fingernails.
I don't know.
Thanks

Flounder

Quote from: paboxcall on January 02, 2017, 10:31:26 AM
First, swap your battery for a brand new one, see if that helps.  If not, try adjusting the tightness of the battery cover

If either fail to change the FFIII functioning, give them a call.  They will make it right for you.
Backed off battery cover a little...works like a charm.
Thanks alot boxcall.
Ready to sight in!!!

paboxcall

mwr

Fat fingers here!!!  They needed to make the switch a little longer. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: