OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winter Turkey Talk---Old and Newer Spring Turkey Articles.

Started by quavers59, December 26, 2016, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Right after Christmas is when those Magazines come out. From Turkey And Turkey Hunting to Outdoor Life, Fur, Fish, Game,etc,etc. I probably have over 200 mags . Large paper clips gets me to that one article that I found the most important in that magazine.
       How many members here reread old turkey hunting articles by numerous authors to get you primed for the upcoming Spring?

Happy

I like a lot of the older articles. I read both deer and turkey hunting. Just finished Van Dykes book on still hunting and I have a pretty extensive collection of books featuring old articles from men  like Archibald Rutledge and Aldo Leupold. They don't write like they used to. That's for sure. And they aren't trying to sell you something!

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

quavers59

Right you are Happy. In the Winter-1997 issue of Turkey And Turkey Hunting- I just reread-- Hints For Hunting High-Country Gobblers by Jim Casada. I had my paper clip set there to bring me back to that one great article in that particular mag. Also in the Sept-Oct issue of Turkey Call- I am rereading- HUNT The Timber by Mark Kayser. I had my paper clip set at that place also.

crow

Quote from: Happy on December 26, 2016, 11:05:41 AM
I like a lot of the older articles. I read both deer and turkey hunting. Just finished Van Dykes book on still hunting and I have a pretty extensive collection of books featuring old articles from men  like Archibald Rutledge and Aldo Leupold. They don't write like they used to. That's for sure. And they aren't trying to sell you something!

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Van Dyke's "Still Hunter" book is to deer hunting what "Old Pro Turkey Hunter" is for turkey hunting
both are good old books.

quavers59

OLD PRO TURKEY HUNTER. That is one book that I would like to get for sure. I saw it on Jim Casadas turkey book site. So many other good books there as well. I also enjoy checking out all my old- American Wild Turkey Society mags. Mike Pinger always had really good articles.