OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: turkey thugs  (Read 3908 times)

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
turkey thugs
« on: December 25, 2016, 11:44:09 PM »
Getting a new gun worked on at Sumtoy. What choke and constriction would yall recommend for a sears single shot 12 gauge with 24 inch barrel? Only shoots 3 inch. Will try and shoot Turkey Thug 5s and 6s. I am stocked up on them and need something that will shoot them well.

Offline cluck

Re: turkey thugs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »
Federal turkey thugs were great shells when they first came out. They kill at forty for me when used with a .665 non ported choke in a 870 remington. Sum toy should be able to give you some good advice about what choke and shell will do best. Best of luck with your set up!!   Cluck

Offline agent eight seven O

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »
The Primos Tightwad gave me excellent results with 21" and 26" Remingtons. The tightwad is .660 exit diameter. One of my best #4 patterns was with 21" 870 and the tightwad choke. I to, have a good supply of Thugs. Inexpensive shells and choke = satisfaction.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:37:29 PM »
Just tell William at Sumtoy what shell and distance your shooting and he will take care of the rest. I have several of his chokes,both turkey and waterfowl, and they all shoot awesome. The turkey thugs are good patterning shells, and I have found them to be very consistent shot to shot. Good ammo at a good price.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 09:35:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I bought a lot of the Turkey Thugs at Wal mart at the end of several seasons for 2.50 and 3.00 dollars a box. I want to put together a gun to shoot them. Probably have enough to last a lifetime with the right gun.