OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

More blood on the OG patch!

Started by goblr77, April 06, 2011, 10:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

I caught this bird alone in a field yesterday afternoon after I got off work. The woods surrounding the fied were extremely thick so I couldn't slip real close. I had to set up right on the field edge and didn't try to get any closer than 250 yards from the bird. I hit a few yelps on a glass call and he started coming my way. I shut up. He hung up in a depression at the 100 yard mark for 5 minutes or so and turned the other way. I gave him another series of yelps and he turned back toward me and just stood there for a while. A couple of purrs and he started my way again. At 52 steps he hung up and started strutting in circles. I was right on the field edge and he was looking for the hen and couldn't see one. I knew my rig would easily kill him at that range so I touched it off. His neck snapped back and the rest is history. This gobbler was a little better than the one I killed on opening day. 11" beard & 1-1/8" spurs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

JVA54

Hognutz

Congrats on the stud. He is a biggun.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

vaturkey

Congrats on a nice gobbler ! :icon_thumright:

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

Basser69

busta biggun

njdevilsb

archery1

Take a kid hunting

harvester

longspur

hookedspur