OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MO. hunting hours

Started by fallhnt, December 16, 2016, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Anybody heard if all day hunting will be allowed this Spring in MO.? All I've seen is season dates so far.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Fullfan

Man I sure hope all day did not go through
Don't gobble at me...

jakesdad

Quote from: Fullfan on December 16, 2016, 04:55:58 PM

Me too. MDC website says hours 1/2 before sunrise to 1pm.......for now

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: jakesdad on December 16, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: Fullfan on December 16, 2016, 04:55:58 PM

Me too. MDC website says hours 1/2 before sunrise to 1pm.......for now

I'm with you guys.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SinGin

Well I'll start the fight. I for one hope they would let us hunt all day. Too many reason I would like it but to each their own JMO.

Gamblinman

I don't mind the hours, but that one bird for the first week is annoying.

We hunt MO in the morning and KS in the afternoon.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gooserbat

there's several reasons MO has maintained good hunting.  1:00 is one of those.  Besides that the harvest report has been a steady decline for the last few years, so why would you want more pressure?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

The mushroom hunters start stomping around in the afternoons, so nests are getting disturbed, anyway.

Hooksfan

I am in the camp hoping it is changed. Complete nonsense, IMO.
It appears it will remain 1 pm for 2017;  however.

SinGin

Too many mornings with possible tornadoes, mushroom hunters in the afternoon and not much time to work is a few of my reasons. Now if I had the chance to hunt multiple states and many weeks, well then I might not care as much

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I'm not a MO resident but I am in the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" camp.

Too many people want to ruin a good thing. Seems to me that Missouri hunters don't have any problems stacking over 20k birds per spring despite the the short season, 1 bird the 1st week rule and the 1 PM cut off. Make greater sacrifices to be in the woods more if turkey hunting is that important to ya or be more aggressive about improving your hunting abilities.

Prohunter3509

:emoticon-animal-005:
I am out of state like hunting mo. Please leave it at 1:00

stinkpickle

I would rather a hunter tag his bird during the afternoon of Day #1 and be done than leave at 1:00 and stomp back in there the next day.

AR Cowboy

Disclaimer: I am from Arkansas and have not yet hunted Missouri.

That being said, if I was a Missouri resident I would want them to leave it as it is now. I can tell you this- I love to travel and hunt turkeys but having to quit at 1 and only being able to kill 1 bird the first week is a big part of why I haven't hunted Missouri yet. If I was from Missouri that would be something that I am all for.

jakesdad

I am from MO and would prefer it to be left at 1:00. Would like the 1 bird the first week to change tho.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"