OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Attracting turkeys to trail cameras

Started by Premier Turkey Calls, December 12, 2016, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Turkey Calls

What attractants/feed do you use to attract turkeys to your trail camera? Is there anything that will bring in only turkeys and not deer?

FL-Boss

cracked corn.. spread out.. harder for deer to get....plus easier for turkeys.   Also pee all over the corn ... turkey's can't smell and don't care.   If the deer still come, try moth balls around the corn

Churchill

It's a very good idea to attract turkeys with corn. I also plan to get myself a trail camera and take pictures of the birds for my kids. I know that birds wouldn't touch it, but I am a little worried if bigger animals can damage the camera itself so I plan to order a protective box for it https://www.carid.com/browning/browning-trail-cameras-89679172.html

Premier Turkey Calls

The only animal that might touch a camera is a bear. I would never be worried about any animal damaging a camera as long as you don't coat your camera in corn.

FL-Boss

I run tons of cameras all year long.. they never turn off.  Our Bears will sometimes rub against them, but have never taken a bite or ruined a camera.

Rick Howard

Quote from: Churchill on December 19, 2016, 06:43:45 AM
It's a very good idea to attract turkeys with corn. I also plan to get myself a trail camera and take pictures of the birds for my kids. I know that birds wouldn't touch it, but I am a little worried if bigger animals can damage the camera itself so I plan to order a protective box for it https://www.carid.com/browning/browning-trail-cameras-89679172.html

I'd be more concerned with people.

jtoliver43

Also cows! Ive had some cameras out in the woods surrounding a cow pasture where a lot of birds like to hang out. Several pictures of turkeys. but the cows don't like their picture taken! I have had them lean up against my cameras and the weight of the cows cracked the camera. I also have pictures of them licking it and even defecating on them.
Conserve. Hunt. Share.