Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Frank Kruer & Marlin Watkins price and wait?

Started by vt35mag, December 08, 2016, 08:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Can anyone tell me how long they had to wait for their short boxes and approximate cost?

Looking to add a persimmon over black limba from Frank, and a macassar ebony over persimmon from Marlin to the collection.

Contacting them directly is best, but I just need a rough idea for now.

Spring Creek Calls

I ordered a persimmon over black limba from Frank early in October and it seemed like 6-9 months was the time frame. Please touch base with him as I was not too concerned about the time frame and could be mistaken.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mgm1955

I agreee, contact them and they'll both give you a very realistic time frame. It will definitely be worth the wait!

KYTURKEY

I just talked to Frank. His wait time is approximately a year. Short boxes are $100.

Patrick

MattinIdaho

Just to add how great Frank is to work with. Personal telephone call and satisfaction guarenteed buisniness man. I'll toss that in because the good guys sometimes don't get enough praise. To top off his great people person skills comes the fact that he makes a killer box!!
I wish I had a Watkins to give kind word too. Post up what the wait is when you find out.:)

KYTURKEY

Marlin is just as nice and great a person as Frank. I am not sure of Marlins wait time, or prices. But also a great guy to deal with.

MattinIdaho

Quote from: KYTURKEY on December 10, 2016, 07:37:23 AM
Marlin is just as nice and great a person as Frank. I am not sure of Marlins wait time, or prices. But also a great guy to deal with.

:icon_thumright:

greencop01

Marlin Watkins all his calls are $200 and he's one of the best, can't go wrong with him. He will work with you. I have a couple of his fiddle paddles and they each have a small flock of hens in em, just got to coax em out. He sometimes has some calls on hand and will send you soundfiles. He will craft one for you just have to wait on those.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Matt k

you could get one from cabelas as it looks like zinks and marlin have teamed up on a box call.

vt35mag

callmakerman

Two great call makers and well worth the wait but if you find yourself wanting something faster try the new Zinks Marlin box. It's very well built and sounds awesome.

vt35mag

I talked with Marlin last night about the ebony over persimmon fiddlebox.  He is going to look to see if he has one he can send right away, if not he said it should be less than a month wait.  Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Spitten and drummen

i have that same combo from him. it ranks up there with the best. i havent hunted it yet , but it will see woods time this year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 04, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
it ranks up there with the best.

He sent me a sound file of the one he is shipping me today, and I could hear why you would think that.

You probably need to make sure to keep your mouth closed while playing this call.  Otherwise, you might end up choking on some of the feathers coming out of it!

sixbird

Not sure if you've gotten the Kruer or not but he told me a few months ago that he has bloodwood over limba and persimmon over limba kind of "in production" most of the time...I'm sure any call he makes will be phenomenal...Might be worth asking if he has any of the combinations near ready. Could cut down your wait time...