turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoys

Started by Big Willie, December 07, 2016, 06:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Willie

We are wanting to buy our son a decoy for Christmas. What are the best brands to look at. He is not a kid so we are looking for a real good decoy.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Not trying to hijack your thread but have you thought about a nice custom call as opposed to a decoy?  I just think it's more sentimental, personal, and EFFECTIVE. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Big Willie

We bought him a Albert Paul box call two years ago he loves it. He is wanting a decoy this year

Bowguy

rock54

dsd for any hen decoy and we just bought the jake from deception decoys and he got he's butt beat

this past spring turkey season, he is awesome and the toms and jakes in our area hate him....good luck

in decision, russ

wvlimbhanger

If you're getting just one, then get the DSD jake.

If you want a pair add the DSD upright hen

DumpTruckTurkey

I have a DSD in a classified ads... surprised no one has bought it yet.

MK M GOBL

I would go DSD, I have a number of them in different body positions. A few different trains of thought here on which one...
Differences in hunt style, bow or gun and such. I sell a lot of these every year and here is what I see.

1st choice seems to be the upright hen
2nd on the list will go to a jake or tom "strutter" (jake is better for mobility)
3rd goes to the feeding hen
4th you are working on a flock and it's the leading hen
5th if you picked a jake first, it's time for the strutter
last one and it's the submissive hen breeder

and DSD is Made in the USA!!

MK M GOBL

rock54

guys you should take a look at the jake by DECEPTION OUTDOORS, its pretty bad a--, it had all of our toms and jakes fightn it every time they came, had it over my dsd alert hen in the submissive position in front of him, wife shot her biggest bird this year over this set up at 12yds...23.5lbs, 10in beard and one inch spurrs, good luck in all your decisions, russ

MK M GOBL

Had to find this and re-post, I bought my first DSD (Upright Hen) due to it's amazing detail and ability to use under any hunt conditions and then there's longevity and durability of the decoy. I run the video during my seminars, quite a selling point.

MK M GOBL

https://youtu.be/nPhZmuqJyds