OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lost a nice buck this morning..

Started by Fieldturkey, December 04, 2016, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldturkey

Guys I made a bad shot on a good buck this morning never recovered him.  Fist time in a loooong time it's happened to me. Such a bad feeling.  makes me sick

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

It does make a person sick, but it happens to the best of us. Better luck next time.

chadly

Sorry about that.  It does happen if you hunt long. 

renegade19

Happened to me earlier this year. Arrow deflected and hit way back and high.  5 hours over 2 days on the trail, never recovered him.  I think I've got him on trail cam since though so I feel a little better.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Fieldturkey on December 04, 2016, 08:32:55 PM
Guys I made a bad shot on a good buck this morning never recovered him.  Fist time in a loooong time it's happened to me. Such a bad feeling.  makes me sick

I feel for you as I've felt that same sickness in the past. Hunt long enough and it will happen.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Happy

Sorry to hear that you lost him but glad to see you take it seriously. I think most of us who have hunted much have experienced what you have.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ishi

Yes it does suck bad and it doesn't help the confidence. But hey the sun will come up the next day so keep at it!
The Spirit Lives On

Gooserbat

Yeah it happens but whether you disagree with me or not I don't understand why people get on a public hunting forum and broadcast it.  The anti hunting crowd will some day use these kind of post against us to sway public sentiment.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kyturkeyhunter4

If you deer hunt long enough it's going to happen. It happens to the best of us, keep your head up and get back in the woods after him.

jwright8

I've always heard if a man says he's never missed or made a bad shot, he's either lying or hasn't hunted very long. Happens to the best of us.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

sixbird

Don't give up...There's always hope...