OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you eat?

Started by 2eagles, November 23, 2016, 07:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Do you eat a wild turkey or store bought turkey for Thanksgiving? My wife always buys a fresh bird from the grocery store. I'm ok with that because I figure we save the best for us instead of wasting my wild birds on company.

born2hunt

I  can't stand store bought turkey.  I prefer a venison ham for thanksgiving and save my wild birds for fried nuggets throughout the year.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

jakesdad

Quote from: 2eagles on November 23, 2016, 07:47:47 AM
Do you eat a wild turkey or store bought turkey for Thanksgiving? My wife always buys a fresh bird from the grocery store. I'm ok with that because I figure we save the best for us instead of wasting my wild birds on company.

Yes.  Store bought baked in oven the traditional way for the more uppity members of the family, and a smoked wild breast(or 2) basted in honey for those of us who like real food  :drool:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Tail Feathers

We don't have a fall turkey season and any spring turkey is all eaten long before November.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hookedspur

Quote from: Tail Feathers on November 23, 2016, 09:11:17 AM
We don't have a fall turkey season and any spring turkey is all eaten long before November.

This at my house.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkeyfoot

I'm the only one in my house that eats wild birds and I'm not crazy about turkey but I'll eat few breasts each year as far as tomorrow its store bought

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

mgm1955

Quote from: Tail Feathers on November 23, 2016, 09:11:17 AM
Same

stinkpickle

My mother-in-law buys both a turkey and a ham, and since she makes me pecan pie, I eat whatever she sets on the table.  ;)

captpete

The wife and daughter don't like turkey....they will eat it, but prefer not to. Tommorow we are having pork roast. :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:

Spring Creek Calls

Although I still have a couple breasts in the freezer we'll be eating store bought turkey tomorrow. I save the breasts for smoking, pan fried strips or the Caribbean jerk recipe. Hope everyone has a safe and happy day with their loved ones!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

hs strut

for the general rule no i dont. i try to have a wild bird ready
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Happy

Depends on the crowd vote. This year it is wild. Per the request of my wife's family. Last year was the first time they tried wild.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BowBendr

Quote from: stinkpickle on November 23, 2016, 01:52:25 PM
My mother-in-law buys both a turkey and a ham, and since she makes me pecan pie, I eat whatever she sets on the table.  ;)

Exactly...The best part is the pecan pie, I just go with whatever else gets put on the table.

tomstopper

I prefer to eat wild but seeing how my in laws usually make the dinner, I don't complain...lol