OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Iowa Election Day Buck

Started by Ishi, November 16, 2016, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishi

I shot this buck on Election Day ten minutes into the hunt at 6:41 am. The hunt was short and sweet. He was with a doe and they were by me 40 minutes before it got light. They just wouldn't leave which worked to my advantage. Gross score 161 4/8
7EF763B8A_zpseb1sd5bq.jpg.html][/URL]

The Spirit Lives On

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jroddc

SteelerFan

ncwoodsman

Swather

Quote from: Ishi on November 16, 2016, 07:36:36 AMHe was with a doe and they were by me 40 minutes before it got light.

What time did you get into the stand?

Knowing me, dragging out of bed the later it gets in the season, I would have walked up on the just before daylight and spooked them.

Ishi

Quote from: Swather on November 16, 2016, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Ishi on November 16, 2016, 07:36:36 AMHe was with a doe and they were by me 40 minutes before it got light.

What time did you get into the stand?

Knowing me, dragging out of bed the later it gets in the season, I would have walked up on the just before daylight and spooked them.
Sunrise was at 6:30. I was in the stand at 5:50 and I had the stand hung at 5:00 as I`m never late. I pack in my LW and three sticks and hang and hunt I`ve done this for 25 years now it gives me the freedom to change it up on what the deer are doing. All my P&Y have been shot this way except one.
The Spirit Lives On

Happy

Congrats. Pretty buck.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

mgm1955

tomstopper

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Jbird22