OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smash and Grab

Started by allaboutshooting, November 15, 2016, 09:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Recently, we had an incidence of "smash and grab" at a local gun shop. Since we want the good guys to have guns and try to keep them away from folks who mean us harm, I'm trying to get the word out about this.

http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/a-new-type-of-smash-and-grab

I've tried to let everyone that I know who's in the business about this tactic and would appreciate your doing the same, if you feel so inclined.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

silvestris

We live in such a different world today.  I yearn for the days when the criminals satisfied themselves with banks and trains.  I hope that in time the serial numbers lead to the apprehension of the burglars.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

nsselle

Where im from, chicago, those serial numbers are long gone by now. Aint much you can do to prevent that type of robbery. Owners of the shops count on insurance they are not worried about reinforcing the building. 

Tail Feathers

We don't see many with obliterated serial numbers around here.  Having a gun with that done to it is a felony.  Carrying unlawfully is a misdemeanor in most cases.
If it's stolen they just say they bought it from a guy named Bubba at the car wash.  Hard to prove they know it's stolen in most cases.
Why break into a store tho?  We had some guys go down two streets, four blocks total and steal 12 pistols in one night.  All from unlocked cars/trucks parked outside.  Unlocked... :z-dizzy:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Sad world we live in nowadays. I have seen alot of our local stores of all kinds putting in those pillars for the exact reason of having a barrier between the store and the street/parking lot. Hope they find the guns and get them off the streets before any crimes can be committed and the statics are manipulated to include all us real gun owners and when they catch those thieves, I hope they throw the book at them.

1iagobblergetter

I think some of the middle east has one thing right. Steal and first time if your lucky might  be a few fingers. Next time it's a hand. Problem gets cured real quick....I believe in working for everything I have just like most of us and then there are people that could care less and come in and steal from you. I can't stand a lier or a thief and think just slapping them on the  hand is ineffective.

wvmntnhick

A slap on the hand is an overstatement. They'll be lucky to get that much. Fellas, if you've not already, keep tabs on all your serial numbers. Stolen guns often end up in pawn shops. My buddy got several of his back that way after they were stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaboutshooting

QuoteFellas, if you've not already, keep tabs on all your serial numbers. Stolen guns often end up in pawn shops. My buddy got several of his back that way after they were stolen.

Great advice.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."