turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Orleans????

Started by wisconsinteacher, November 14, 2016, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My wife and I are thinking about going to New Orleans over spring break.  We want to try a new city this year.  I'm interested in the WWII museum, the French Quarter and eating seafood.  Any tips or advice?  Also, thinking about a swamp tour and/or fishing information.

Thanks

silvestris

If you happen to be driving west of NO on I10 at night between NO and Baton Rouge, a sidetrip to Hymel's restaurant near Convent is heaven to your tastebuds.  Great seafood.  Other than that, there is plenty to see, do and eat in NO.  I just never go there anymore.  It is a blue area and acts like it.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

dirt road ninja

Fishing can be great. The quarter can be fun, but it's not always friendly. If y'all come down give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction.

sasquatch1

Venice offshore tuna trip! Capt hunter caballero with paradise outfitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomfoolery

My only recommendation for new orleans is dont go. Place is the toilet bowl of louisiana.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Tomfoolery on November 29, 2016, 10:03:41 AM
My only recommendation for new orleans is dont go. Place is the toilet bowl of louisiana.

Amen to that, it would be the last place I went
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

LI Outdoorsman

Ditto on the french quarter...stinky dirty tourist trap...if you get beyond all that the WWII museum is a must see..and the redfishing is awesome too!