OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Upland Hunting On The Plains

Started by Swather, November 04, 2016, 07:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

Great photos Treerooster.

Love the color of your dog Chadly.

Swather

Quote from: Treerooster on December 02, 2016, 07:54:46 PM
I have had these guns since 02 and my shooting accuracy improved and I am also a faster shot (without hurrying). It was money well spent as I absolutely love hunting with these 2 guns.

I thought it might be an AYA, they are nice guns and borrow heavily from H&H.  It is a good thing that you bought those guns back when you did, the exchange rates and inflation have driven the prices up considerably.  You could probably sell them used for what you paid new.

I have been watching the value of the Pound and Euro to see if Brit, Italian, and Spanish gun prices come down.

Happy hooker

By chance does anybody have an old American arms Derby,,these were true sidelock guns with classic English styling,,splinter foregrip,straight stock,teardrop s,silvered receiver with rose and scroll.

Happy hooker

Captpete
Do you ever hunt around the Lansing area on the Minn border??? Lots of grouse and they are red,,really cool to see,,very hilly ground but birds,,also the butcher shop in town has the best jerky it's the slab type has big has a shingle.

spaightlabs

Spent a few days in north central KS along the Nebraska border around Thanksgiving.  Phez numbers were good, but they were wiiiiild and we didn't have enough guys to effectively block what we were hunting. 

Quail numbers, on the other hand, were outstanding.  Lots of large coveys - 20 birds up to 40 or 50 birds.  Brought lots of quail home...

captpete

Quote from: Happy hooker on December 08, 2016, 08:03:49 PM
Captpete
Do you ever hunt around the Lansing area on the Minn border??? Lots of grouse and they are red,,really cool to see,,very hilly ground but birds,,also the butcher shop in town has the best jerky it's the slab type has big has a shingle.

I hunted a couple of times in that area...mostly in the winter...January and February. Shot a few rabbits, but didn't see any Grouse. I have trout fished quit a few times in that area. Paint, Little Paint & French Creek aren't far from Lansing. It's about a 2 hr. drive from here to Lansing. I had a very good friend that was originally from Waukon(about 10 mile west of Lansing). She passed away from breast cancer about 25yrs ago. Her husband & I weren't real close friends and when she passed away we went our own ways. I haven't really been back in that area since except to pass through there on a trip with my wife. It's been probably 6-7 yrs since we have been up in that area.