turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Merriam outfitter

Started by obro, October 20, 2016, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obro

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good Merriam outfitter ? Probably looking at South Dakota but open to other states . My biggest concerns are a reputable outfitter and pure Merriam . I'm not loaded but I'm not looking for budget hunt . I'm driving from Ohio and if I'm going that far I want to do it right . There will be at least 2 hunters and maybe a 3rd . Thanks

mtns2hunt

Hunted in New Mexico with Tri state outfitters. Awesome hunt, lodging and meals. Discounted rate for more than one hunter. Books through the outfitter that bought out the Cabala's hunts - can't remember the name off hand but you can check them out by googling Tri state outfitters. Plenty of birds and some really nice ones at that. About 7 hunters in camp and everyone harvested two birds. Guides work hard and are knowledgeable. Not a hunt for those who don't like to see a lot of game. Turkeys, Elk, Deer and antelope are abundant and after you tag out touring this 300,000 acre ranch is like a dream. I have a description of my hunt on this site somewhere. Should be under Tri state.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

anthonyjhallen

Give Ryan a shout at Southern New Mexico Turkey Hunts.   

You will not be disappointed.

http://snmturkeyhunts.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg835

I hunted in Wyoming with trophy ridge outfitter.  Great hunt and great people.

VA Gobble Addict

If you're trying South Dakota why not hit the black hills and try it? I debated a long time on whether to do guides or unguided for my Merriams and chose to try it unguided. I'm glad I did. Catch them on the right day and they'll run over you trying to find the hen.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

obro

buzzardroost

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on October 22, 2016, 03:34:26 PM

So with these guys your basically paying for the lodging/food and hunting public land unguided right? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: buzzardroost on November 12, 2016, 10:28:56 PM
Quote from: anthonyjhallen on October 22, 2016, 03:34:26 PM

So with these guys your basically paying for the lodging/food and hunting public land unguided right? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, basically.

sasquatch1

Quote from: VA Gobble Addict on October 22, 2016, 05:33:58 PM
If you're trying South Dakota why not hit the black hills and try it? I debated a long time on whether to do guides or unguided for my Merriams and chose to try it unguided. I'm glad I did. Catch them on the right day and they'll run over you trying to find the hen.
X2, but I did NM