OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

problem with brinds

Started by saltysenior, October 11, 2016, 06:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltysenior

blinds are becoming very popular and work very well..however on public land they, like deer stands, have become to some some sort of a territory marker....the trouble is how do you tell if someone is in the blind...to be denied an area because of an empty blind does not make sense..

Happy

Do your best impression of a yeti mating call. :D  Maybe they will stick their heads out for a look. Personally I think the windows should be zipped up if no one is home. I think that would be common courtesy on land others are hunting also.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy

Do your best impression of a yeti mating call. :D  Maybe they will stick their heads out for a look. Personally I think the windows should be zipped up if no one is home. I think that would be common courtesy on land others are hunting also.

Happy

guesswho

I agree with Happy two out of three.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Happy

Sorry, don't know what happened there.  :o

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on October 12, 2016, 05:51:05 AM
Sorry, don't know what happened there.  :o

No apology necessary.  With some of us, you have to repeat stuff at least three times for us to get the message.... ;D

GobbleNut

The problem with brinds is that unless you know what you are doing, there is a significant chance that whatever you soak in it will be inedible after all is said and done.  That holds true for both public and private lands.... :toothy12: ;D :toothy12:

fallhnt

If you see mine up I'm in it. LOL  I will leave it out overnight when I roost birds in the fall but I always take it out because I hunt public land. They don't hold up well if left out.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

mgm1955

Quote from: Happy on October 11, 2016, 07:59:34 PM

Great idea.

saltysenior

Quote from: fallhnt on October 12, 2016, 11:55:05 AM
If you see mine up I'm in it. LOL  I will leave it out overnight when I roost birds in the fall but I always take it out because I hunt public land. They don't hold up well if left out.

but just like the deer stands some people are using 2 or more....O K on private land but getting to be a problem on public land........scenario: you are walking to another ''good'' spot and 100 yards in front of you there is a blind.     what do you do ????   at least with a stand you can tell if it is occupied ..

stinkpickle

Just like in the men's room.  Look under the stall for shoes.

SteelerFan

Quote from: stinkpickle on October 14, 2016, 01:59:05 PM
Just like in the men's room.  Look under the stall for shoes.
:TooFunny:

I would approach a blind the same way I would handle an encounter with another hunter - a whistle / and or human voice confirmation. "Accidents" happen TOO often. A bird is not worth a load of shot in the face.

howl

>+1 and if a weekend hunter leaves their blind up during the week, they will find it neatly folded and leaning against a tree when they return. But, really, if you're finding lots of blinds where you hunt, you should start looking for areas with less sign of hunting pressure.