OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hurricane Mathew

Started by Old Gobbler, October 06, 2016, 12:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Im only 15 miles from the coast here in SE NC, right smack dab in hurricane alley. Just hoping it makes that easterly turn. If not and it stays 100 mph or less we will ride him out. Strong cat 3.,Im outta here!!
Seen what Hugo did in SC firsthand. I was in the logging business and it was nasty.
Stay safe and dont take any chances. 

outdoors

WELL WELL , ITS ALMOST OVER FOR ARE LOCATION , IM DEW WEAST FROM SHANNON
I JUST HOPE IT DOESNT MAKE THE EASTERN TURN AND HEAD RIGHT BACK INTO FLORIDA

:bible:  :cross2:
                               *****     thanks lord I'm still praying ****

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

eorlando

I didn't realize so many of you were in FL. I live here as well. N Fort Myers over on the west coast. Pretty mild over here. Just a little bit of wind. Where is everyone else located that's in FL?  I'm glad to hear most everyone so far has made it through the storm with no major issues.

silvestris

Likely to tear up a good bit of the coast of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.  Some projections have it going out in the Atlantic and then making a loop and coming back west.  They do that sometimes with the right steering currents.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

captpete

I have a brother and a good friend that live in South Carolina. Both of them live about 30 miles west of Charleston. Hoping & praying that everybody stays safe.

wvmntnhick

Hope everyone is okay and continues to be so. Haiti didn't fair to well but with their building structure, I'm not overly surprised. Shame to have to live in homes that crumble so easily.

Tail Feathers

The flooding appears to be pretty significant.  This was a slow moving storm and poor GA is dealing with a lot of water.
Prayers for those affected.  Poor Haiti... :mycross:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

davisd9

Storm did not turn east as it hit SC/GA. Up here is upstate SC we are getting a good rain, we need it, and some winds. Back home in the lower midlands the gusts are strong and power is out. Nothing too bad so far. The low country and coast is getting hammered, it is the flooding that is the worst part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SumToy

hope all is well.  It wiped out bunch of pines (15 to 20 inch 100 ft tall trees)   We be with out phone for a few but it missed the house and shop.  Got the power from side of shop pulled out.  Thank god if missed the machines   :bible:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Greg Massey

Hope everyone is okay, lot's of prayers for all...be safe...

FLGobstopper

I'm in Jacksonville just a quick skip from the beach and we were really fortunate! Right on the beach and in St. Augustine not so good. Mainly just a lot of limbs and trees down around here. My fence is toast as well but other than that not too bad. Really glad a lot of folks here got by pretty good.

I was in Haiti last summer working with a missionary friend of mine and that area is devastated. Please be in prayer for that nation and the many, many people who are in for a rough, rough ride post storm.

bbcoach

Eastern NC got hammered with rain.  Fayetteville, Kinston, Tarboro, Greenville were hit with 10-15 inches.  An all day rain event.  Most of these areas have already had 6+ inches of rain in August, 10-15 in September and many more inches today.  Where I live, we were BLESSED with around 4.  If the eye of the storm had been 50 miles off shore instead of right on the coast, we would have been totally underwater.  We will be dealing with high water in all our creeks, rivers and sounds for at least a week as the rain extended all the way to Charlotte.  Greensboro, Durham and Raleigh will all be sending their excess runoff our way through the rivers for a least a week.  My heart goes out to all those effected.

Cut N Run

We all got lucky that the eye of this storm stayed offshore for the most part. It could have been much worse.  Down east NC got lots of rain that doesn't have anywhere it can go right now.  Thankfully, the winds stayed below what was expected, or it would have brought even more trees down.  Matthew still made a big mess and affected a lot of lives. I hope everyone gets their lives and property back in order quickly.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

Flounder

Just got the gereraton up and running. Lost power when the wind switched to the north. Half of Brunswick County is without power. We were getting an inch of rain every 15 minutes at one point! Lasted about 2 hours.
Flood is going to be a lot worse than my two little trees and a bunch of limbs.
Those impacted by flooding need our prayers.

bbcoach

As most of you are seeing the devastation on the Weather Channel, the I 95 corridor in NC has been hit extremely hard from the rain that this minimal hurricane has caused.  Lumberton and Fayetteville have been hit HARD.  I received a PIC today of South of the Border with 3 to 4 feet of water in the motels and several feet of water completely covering Interstate 95 at that location.  There are numerous locations of 95 completely closed off in both directions in our state.  A minimal hurricane caused 10 to as much as 17 inches of measured rain to be deposited in Lumberton, Fayetteville, Raleigh and Rocky Mount areas.  I also received a PIC today of several feet of water in the parking garage at the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh.  The rivers in Eastern NC are rising rapidly and are estimated to peak at close to Major Flood stage (10 feet above flood stage) by Thursday or Friday.  Many of you have traveled I 95 in the past, so keep these people in your prayers daily.  It is going to be some time before many are back on their feet.