turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hurricane Mathew

Started by Old Gobbler, October 06, 2016, 12:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Okay guys .....as many of you may know im located in southern florida ,hurricane Mathew is being clocked at 145 mph sustained , looks like I'll get brushed slightly with cat 1 or tropical winds only --- and will likely have no severe damage , for the rest of you in the central Florida in the West Palm to Daytona area BE CAUTIOUS A HURRICANE LIKE THIS IS DEADLY , WILL PULL A ROOF OFF AND THROW A CAR LIKE IT'S A TOY ..also those in the coastlines of Georgia , and Carolina's please be safe !, don't be taking any unnecessary risks

--I'm hunkering down ,I'll be fine but if the power and Internet goes down I'll be back in a few days ..oh also I finished up all orders of push pin turkey calls last week and ill be mailing them out as soon as the weather clears -- see you guys soon --Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Happy

Be careful and stay safe. Thoughts and prayers are with the people of Florida.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

2eagles

Be safe. Property can be replaced. You can't be. :jesus-cross:

1iagobblergetter

Be safe everyone this effects....

DumpTruckTurkey

I have a hunt in FL next spring scheduled.... Will the turkeys survive if a direct hit around where I hunt?

Do they fly away when winds get bad?  I dont know how they would survive... but what do you southern boys think?

USMC0331

Turkeys already know about storm, they will go to the safest place they can reach.

mgm1955

owlhoot

KentuckyHeadhunter

Please stay safe and if you're told to evacuate.....then EVACUATE!!!!  This could be a bad one.  Prayers for everyone and their families.  And pets!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

jjnfla

Quote from: DumpTruckTurkey on October 06, 2016, 02:24:38 PM
I have a hunt in FL next spring scheduled.... Will the turkeys survive if a direct hit around where I hunt?

Do they fly away when winds get bad?  I dont know how they would survive... but what do you southern boys think?
I'll let ya know tomorrow there's a group by house everyday...I'm right on the east coast central Florida will see if they make it.

allaboutshooting

Stay safe Shannon. This may be a very big one!

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SteelerFan

Old Gobbler

It's passing by us ....got lucky , looks like it took a sudden northernly projection for about 2 hours instead of going nw and ran over Freeport , Bahamas around 6pm and slid another 10-20 miles away from the Florida coast , the further east the better for everyone
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

davisd9

Quote from: USMC0331 on October 06, 2016, 02:50:31 PM
Turkeys already know about storm, they will go to the safest place they can reach.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Happy

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 06, 2016, 08:42:50 PM
It's passing by us ....got lucky , looks like it took a sudden northernly projection for about 2 hours instead of going nw and ran over Freeport , Bahamas around 6pm and slid another 10-20 miles away from the Florida coast , the further east the better for everyone
Chuck Norris must be on vacation down there. Glad to hear it not gonna be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club