turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cabelas sold

Started by doublespurs21, October 04, 2016, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

finally happen,,,,  cabelas was sold to pro brass for 5.5 BILLION DOLLARS. let see what stores close now

sixbird

There goes Cabelas quality... :(

Happy

To be honest I won't miss them. Other some good reading material on things I don't need.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SteelerFan

I believe it will be like Coke and Pepsi being owned by the same parent company. Top CEO's won't care which store you walk into. No need to close either / any.

Personally, I always thought Cabela's offered quality store brand items - with a nice warranty. I hope it continues - but I'm skeptical.

OHturkey85

I hope their customer service stays the same I personally never had a bad experience with them

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on October 04, 2016, 06:19:55 PM
To be honest I won't miss them. Other some good reading material on things I don't need.

Agree it want matter that much with me either..Academy Sports, is were i buy most of my stuff and Goodwill ...ebay and internet shopping

Tail Feathers

I don't see this being great for the consumer.  Less choices and Cabelas offered somewhat better store brand items and customer service.
I hope I'm wrong.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Bass Pro Shops has a way of acquiring things and ruining them.

Cabelas always produced very high quality gear with exceptional customer service.  This is not a good thing for outdoorsmen.

beakbuster10

I used to compare the two like this. Cabelas brand was like wrangler or Levi jeans. Bass pro is like faded glory (Wally world brand). Not snubbing my nose at the Wally World brand but Levi and wrangler make a better product. I now fear both bass pro and cabelas brand will be faded glory, along with their warranty and customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

I kinda hope bass pro tanks also. Be nice to see the local sporting goods stores become more like they used to be.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

jwright8

Cabelas gear is a better quality. Let's just hope they bought the name and keep everything the same.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on October 04, 2016, 09:01:49 PM
Bass Pro Shops has a way of acquiring things and ruining them.

Cabelas always produced very high quality gear with exceptional customer service.  This is not a good thing for outdoorsmen.
. Agree with that and too add at least around mid Missouri the price difference is substantial and cabelas always had better sales and clearances
Also have to agree on the better gear, the Wally World comparison hit the nail on the head !

mtns2hunt

Always liked Cabela's Fleece and have been wearing the same suit over twenty years at least. Things may stay the same for a short time but if you want quality you better stock up now. Seems I am always stocking up: guns, ammo and now clothes!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Mtd69

I always thought cabelas quality was better  and there warranty

sixbird

The few times I've dealt with Bass Pro it was an exercise in frustration. Just getting service in one of their stores was like pulling teeth. The only reason I went in the first place was to spend a gift card from NWTF. The next year card I gave to my son to save myself the aggravation. Quality difference, like other posters have said, is nearly on the polar ends of the spectrum...Probably buying what you like from Cabelas before the Bass Pro culture hits them would be a wise move...