turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Going under the knife...**Updated**

Started by BowBendr, October 02, 2016, 11:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

I've been laying pretty low lately. I was ready for deer season, but things come up. I have been in agony for years, I have tried everything to make life better, chiropractors, inversion and physical therapy. Not being able to enjoy playing with your kids or hunting will wear on you. If you can't participate in what matters to you most you are not living. I found out that I actually had a broken vertebrae, major bone spurs and fragments, plus the pinched nerves that ice the cake. We gonna fix it all on Oct. 12th. Not looking forward to surgery, actually I'm terrified, but I will do it to hopefully hunt and play another 48 years.
You have to love non-hunters ! When the surgeon asked me what I expected most from the surgery, the look on his face was priceless when I said that my first goal was to shoot a gobbling tom turkey and not have to crawl over to get him after the shot ! He was actually speechless...;)
Humbly asking you to keep me in mind on next Wednesday the 12th. Looking forward to relief, and looking forward to getting back into the woods in the spring of '17 to comfortably bust some gobblers. Missing deer season has me bummed but I pray it will all be worth it !
Have fun, hunt safe, hunt smart and post some deer pics. I'll be doing a lot of reading for the next few months. Thanks !!

The Woodsman

Good luck!!! I hope your expectations are exceeded and your life is fulfilled...

Denny

hookedspur

BB  I will be praying that all goes well and may the Lord guide the surgeons blade.
Praying all goes well and a speedy recovery..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tail Feathers

You got it BB. :bible:
Good luck and wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

outdoors

GOOD LUCK , I HOPE EVERYTHING IS FOR THE BETTER AFTER SURGERY ...........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Greg Massey

Good luck with everything , you will be hunting again before long and playing with Kids.

Flounder

Good luck man. I had a fusion back in Sept of 09. C3 - C5. Really went well, out of work for a month but was able to get in on some late season dear huntin. It gets a little stiff now and then but no more shoulder pain. Surgery was a success.
Prayin for you.

Happy

Best wishes and prayers sent

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

2eagles

Get a Dr you trust.
Follow his instructions to the letter.
Get better.
Shoot a Tom.
Good luck, man!

mgm1955

Spring Creek Calls

Will be thinking of you on the 12th. You're making the right move by the sound of your pain.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Cut N Run

I'm already thinking healing thoughts for you BowBendr.  I had C-4,C-5,and C-6 fused several years ago and have been able to do almost anything I've wanted to ever since.  It will definitely test your patience during the healing process, but life gets better when you take the time to mend.  Good luck & have fun spending your tags next Spring.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

1iagobblergetter

Good luck and hope you mend quickly. Our health is easy to take for granted until something goes wrong. My wife's grandmother use to say getting old isn't for sissys and the older I get the more I realize what she was meaning. Lol. Keep us updated on the O.G. You'll be back better than ever. Prayers sent and God bless...

ncwoodsman

Good luck buddy, wish you the best of luck with the surgery and recovery. I will be keeping you in my prayers in the upcoming days and wish you well.

BowBendr

Thanks guys, I appreciate it more than you'll ever know !