turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom strikers?

Started by Techn9cian02, September 23, 2016, 06:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techn9cian02

Wondering what woods sound best or really unique, and who makes good one's. Thanks in advance

Techn9cian02

Quote from: MDTOM84 on September 23, 2016, 06:55:57 PM
I have 2 favorite custom strikers, a Bill Lyman snakewood and a David Halloran Ipe. But anything Mr.Lyman makes is going to be good!!!
Appreciate it

eorlando

X2 on the Bill Lyman strikers. The BEST in my opinion.

Techn9cian02

Quote from: eorlando on September 23, 2016, 07:28:03 PM
X2 on the Bill Lyman strikers. The BEST in my opinion.
Thank you

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MikeStaten

bill Lyman dymondwood is my favorite striker but I always have a dad's monkeywood and Lonzo and jimmy Schaffer two piece dymondwood too.

Techn9cian02

Quote from: MikeStaten on September 24, 2016, 07:32:31 AM
bill Lyman dymondwood is my favorite striker but I always have a dad's monkeywood and Lonzo and jimmy Schaffer two piece dymondwood too.
Thank you sir

Browning87

Lyman snakewood is my hands down favorite striker. Plays well on all surfaces and the look cool to boot

jjnfla

Tulipwood,black/white ebony,black locust,bubinga,desert ironwood,Macassar ebony,katlox,ipe,rosewood and my favorite is ekki... Matt Van Cise makes a super nice striker ..

Techn9cian02

Quote from: Browning87 on September 24, 2016, 10:30:21 AM
Lyman snakewood is my hands down favorite striker. Plays well on all surfaces and the look cool to boot
Been wanting a snakewood striker, thank you

Techn9cian02

Quote from: jjnfla on September 24, 2016, 11:20:40 AM
Tulipwood,black/white ebony,black locust,bubinga,desert ironwood,Macassar ebony,katlox,ipe,rosewood and my favorite is ekki... Matt Van Cise makes a super nice striker ..
Wow a lot of them I hadn't heard of before thank you

Techn9cian02

Quote from: MDTOM84 on September 24, 2016, 12:14:31 PM
Mr.Lyman goes by "callmakerman" on here. Send him a PM and ask him what he thinks works best on each surface. He is a great guy and makes a great pot call too!!!!
Thank you will do for sure

wvmntnhick

These guys have lots of strikers I don't have but there are a few that I've taken a liking to. My Yingling black locust and fiber rod get used quite a bit but they're almost "tuned" to my Yingling pots that have taken permanent residence in my vest. Aside from that, I've got a fowler persimmon that I like as well as a persimmon with rosewood tip. Recently acquired a Halloran wenge, ipe, and persimmon. The persimmon is great and the other two are alright. Fowler yellowheart is a good one for about any surface and I've taken to my Sinclair spectraply as well. I'm wanting a Lyman tulipwood and will be speaking with mr fowler about a snakewood/Osage striker soon enough.

Techn9cian02

Quote from: wvmntnhick on September 24, 2016, 06:16:09 PM
These guys have lots of strikers I don't have but there are a few that I've taken a liking to. My Yingling black locust and fiber rod get used quite a bit but they're almost "tuned" to my Yingling pots that have taken permanent residence in my vest. Aside from that, I've got a fowler persimmon that I like as well as a persimmon with rosewood tip. Recently acquired a Halloran wenge, ipe, and persimmon. The persimmon is great and the other two are alright. Fowler yellowheart is a good one for about any surface and I've taken to my Sinclair spectraply as well. I'm wanting a Lyman tulipwood and will be speaking with mr fowler about a snakewood/Osage striker soon enough.
Thanks for the info!

pappy

Quote from: Techn9cian02 on September 24, 2016, 11:40:10 AM

Nuff said....LOL
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Techn9cian02

Quote from: pappy on September 24, 2016, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: Techn9cian02 on September 24, 2016, 11:40:10 AM

Nuff said....LOL
Those are the ones lol