turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The MUD BUG has been born

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, September 04, 2016, 09:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

Some of you may remember a while back I suggested that Crawdad, Robert Glover, make a trumpet from mud cured Osage and call it the mud bug, a southern nickname for crawdads.  He loved the idea and took off with it.  Here is the result.  I think the pic speaks for itself!
Thank you Robert for such an amazing sounding and looking horn!  This is the most beautiful call in my collection and will certainly make it to the woods next spring.  I am floored.  :thanks:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

troutfisher13111

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

EZ

That's a beautiful call! Congrats.

hunter22

Great looking and I know sounding call. Congrats...

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Bowhuntr73

silverspur

That is one awesome looking trumpet and congrats.  Robert another winner! :z-winnersmiley:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

mgm1955

Awesome call Robert!! Congrats on a fine trumpet!

Gawhitaker

I do like that Mud Bug, Mr Robert certainly makes a quality call

Crawdad

Wow Allen, i didn't know i was supposed to make it from mud cured osage, sorry about that. Thanks for posting it up & thanks to you and all others for the kind comments.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: Crawdad on September 05, 2016, 08:15:54 PM
Wow Allen, i didn't know i was supposed to make it from mud cured osage, sorry about that. Thanks for posting it up & thanks to you and all others for the kind comments.

Hey no worries Robert.  I thought it was just a light colored piece! ;D  I don't care I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

blackfalcon

Robert made you a sweet call..very nice..Congrats and enjoy!!

pappy

As always Robert has turned the tail feather of a big O'l' Tom into one of the nicest trumpet callers out there. I bet he has his vocal chords hid up inside too.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206