OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maybe not a turkey gun but...

Started by allaboutshooting, August 29, 2016, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Farmboy27

Sure is a "different" looking shotgun!  Magazine capacity doesn't mean much around here. (3 shot max). But still, it's a new, purpose built gun and that is a good thing. Thanks for sharing Clark!

Dr Juice

Nice weapon. I know a couple of guys that could use a magazine of that capacity :-)

Ihuntoldschool

Nice.  Just what snow goose hunters have been demanding for years. No longer do snow goose hunters have to improvise and hunt with a shotgun that wasn't specifically made for hunting snow geese.  All those years of having to hunt those snow geese with your duck or upland shotgun are over.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wvmntnhick

I'm not a goose hunter but is 13 rounds really necessary? I mean, there's been times I'd wished I'd had a greater capacity on timbering squirrels but I know diddly about good hunting. I take it their not classified as migratory or something of that nature.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: wvmntnhick on September 08, 2016, 05:43:50 PM
I'm not a goose hunter but is 13 rounds really necessary? I mean, there's been times I'd wished I'd had a greater capacity on timbering squirrels but I know diddly about good hunting. I take it their not classified as migratory or something of that nature.
Snow geese destroy the nesting areas and feeding areas of other geese. They have multiplied very rapidly over the last several years and are now seen in areas where they had not been seen previously. Limits have been removed as have the requirements for "plugged" shotguns. You may also use recorded calls and of course decoys.

I have seen flocks of hundreds and hundreds descend on fields and literally pick them clean, roots and all. Hunters have been urged to help reduce the flocks.

The extended magazine is removable, and it comes with a standard magazine spring and plug, so it can be used just like any other shotgun. I've taken it to the range and it shoots exactly to point of aim for me. Like other 930s, it also has a great trigger.

I think it will also make a great still target gun with some open sights. It is drilled and tapped for scope mounting but I want to go back to basics again and see if these old eyes will still be able to see that little 3" circle at 40 yards.

Thanks,
Clark

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

allaboutshooting

So far so good with the Snow Goose gun. I was able to take it to the range again with the open sights and it does quite well. Time will tell about the shooter however.

Thanks,
Clark