turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jakes day

Started by Bowguy, August 27, 2016, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Posted the same sort thing last year but it's well worth repeating. Spruce run chapter had their annual jakes day today. As always a first class event. Fish in the pond up to 12 pounds, the kids all caught their share of giants. The division of fish and wildlife has volunteers such as myself all certified teaching archery, crossbows n shotguns. All equipment provided. They also run a hunter ed concurrently n afterwards a big barbecue than doors prizes and shirts for each kid. Topping it all off they give gifts to the volunteers. Props to Spruce Run chapter of NWTF.

jed clampett

That's great...sounds like a very good time for the kids and the instructors!!

Bowguy

You know I think it might be even more fun for the instructors hard as that is to believe. What's cooler than 150 excited kids. Early on Im by the pond but once archery students showed I had to go up the hill n could still hear screaming from the pond. I love that event, great time.

1iagobblergetter

Sounds like a great time. Hats off to you sir for donating your time in this busy world that we live.

mgm1955

Awesome job. Congrats to all!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 27, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
Sounds like a great time. Hats off to you sir for donating your time in this busy world that we live.

Amen!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com