OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last Gooserbat Video of 2016

Started by jblackburn, August 12, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Well, the insane amount of rain here in south Louisiana has campus closed, so I was able to get time to work on Gooserbat's video from this past spring. 

This was a fun hunt, we found these birds in a field on public land in western Oklahoma, but the three hens they had were more fun than our calling.  After nearly two hours of watching them, we decided to pull out the High Standard Aluminum calls and try some fighting purrs. That was the ticket!  The hens wanted to know why  there was so much racket coming from the trees and the gobblers didn't want their ladies to leave them alone!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/rFbr8P7Z5wc
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Fullfan

Sounds like fun, where is the link or then video
Don't gobble at me...

jblackburn

Quote from: Fullfan on August 12, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
Sounds like fun, where is the link or then video

Can't win 'em all . . . . link added!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

hookedspur

I liked the video ,Great Call work ,Not so crazy bout the infomercial but I realize you have to pay the bills ...

Good season fellows..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RutnNStrutn

mgm1955

Marc

Nice video, and good demonstration of utilizing alternative tactics...

How close was that bird to you in the beginning of the video, and how close was it when you shot?  You must have a darned good camera, cause I would have guessed those birds were a lot closer than they apparently were when the video first started...

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

They were about 175-200 yards and I killed it at about 40 feet.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.