OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your favorite caller and who made it ?

Started by greencop01, August 04, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

:camohat: My favorite caller is a paddle call, butternut under bloodwood by Marlin Warkins. What's yours ?    :popcorn:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Happy

Tough one. Can't say I have a hands down favorite. I tend to carry a variety and what ever is making a Tom get that loving feeling is my favorite at the moment. Would have to say crystal is my favorite pot surface, and a three or four reed diaphram are my go to calls though. Starting to really like copper pots also. Last year was my first running them and I was pleased with the results.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Britton40

Do Dat paddle call, cedar over butternut, made by Steve Mann

nsselle

larry9988

Matt k

Lamar Williams box call, walnut and poplar, made in 1991.

SwampRooster17

My favorite caller is my crystal screamer made by David loftis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Tough call but when it comes to using a pot call, if it's made by Yingling, I'll use it. His crystal over slate has been great to me and I'm loving the cactus titanium. Was never much for slate but his slate is rapidly becoming very close to my number one. Best slate I've ever owned and it plays so easy it's not even funny. Ran  a Haloran crystal Mistress last year and liked it too. Always have a box call in my possession. Last year was either a Mabry or SS and didn't much care which one I grabbed. Got one from Mike at Spring Creek and it will fall into the rotation just as easily. Again, it's whichever one happens to touch my hand first when I reach into the drawer. Used a trumpet last year for the first time and got some great results. It was made by Lumberjack (member on here) and made from cedar. Then there are the scratch boxes. Got one from SS and one from Spring Creek. Both are great and whichever one is in my hand is the favorite at the moment. Ran a Gooserbat Hillbilly last year as well. Loved it. Having said all of that, if I had to pick a call, not sure I could but if a gun were to my head, it'd probably be the Yingling crystal.

dejake

turkeyfoot

A Tom Teaser slate its my go to whenever possible just really enjoy running it

guesswho

Last year I guess it had to be my cane yelper made by Mark Sharpe.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: Britton40 on August 04, 2016, 08:53:49 PM
Do Dat paddle call, cedar over butternut, made by Steve Mann
:z-winnersmiley:.   over poplar also!  My favorite of A LOT of calls.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

OHturkey85

Vaughnrp2

I find myself using a sneed hot hen and Mero trumpet more than most my others.

Hersh

The one call always in my vest is a purple heart over poplar one sider made by David Tyree. Bought it at the national convention in 2003. Been on very few hunts that it hasn't gone with me. Ryan