OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: i need new bow strings  (Read 6107 times)

Offline hotspur

i need new bow strings
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »
I wanna get a new custom bow string  for my pse and I know nothing a out it. I don't buy the most expensive brands for any of my hunting. Equipment and I'm asking. You guys and girls  what do you use?

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: i need new bow strings
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
There are quite a few good string makers...One of the best is Carters Archery ( http://www.cartersarchery.net/ ). He goes by Crackers...If you like a perfect tune along with strings and cables, he'll tune your bow to absolute perfection. I've sent four bows to him and every one shoots to perfection and stays that way. I mark my cams to reveal any movement and after 7 years, the first one he tuned hasn't moved at all. The strings and cables haven't stretched at all! He'll make them in any color combo you like (you can match your arrow fletching and wrist sling if you like that...)
Another well established company is Winners Choice. They make great strings and cables also...
I wouldn't be afraid of Vapor Trail either...They make a good product...
In any event, either send it to someone (I would recommend Crackers highly) or find the specs. on your bow and get the bow into spec. Make sure cams roll over properly (that they're timed properly), and the brace height/draw length/axle to axle are correct. This stuff is all crucial to accuracy...
Hope this helps...

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Carters website is pretty poor...You can get contact info. by clicking on "Info." button. Email and phone are there...

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
JBK custom bowstrings. I have JBKs on my z7 and they are cheaper and a lot better than stock strings\ cables. 24 month warranty on JBK strings, best warranty you will find on bowstrings.

Offline Swampchickin234

• The Boss Gobbler
i need new bow strings
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:37:08 PM »
I've always liked winners choice, and as a Hoyt man, I like fuze strings     

Sbd and stone mountain for the sticks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
i need new bow strings
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
I like center circle strings and 60x both have websites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline beakbuster10

• The Boss Gobbler
i need new bow strings
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
Twisted x and hoggwire are the best bare none. Ray knight makes awesome threads if you shoot a Hoyt or OK bow (doesn't make strings for any other brsnds). JBK makes good threads too. Not a 60X fan, I follow another archery forum and I have experienced myself and  saw posts of some not so good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RossGander

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 08:36:12 AM »
I think you can get pretty good PSE bowstrings from 60x custom strings or another place that I've used prolinebowstrings. You can just google them! You do't even have to know nothin about them to get em.

Offline cornfedkiller

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »
I'm assuming you have gotten new strings by now, but I will leave a reply for others interested.. In my experience, Twisted-X and JBK make the best strings available. 

Offline jmart241

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:45 AM »
Had great luck with 60x

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
i need new bow strings
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
Look at 360 strings